Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I thought the euro gave enough snow during the second 1/2 of the event to keep me happy considering the date.

Yeah it would probably given an inch or 3 at the end with a flash freeze. Nothing wrong with that for the winter enthusiast on November 12-13.

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I’m 50 years old and can only remember walking on pond ice a handful of times before mid-December in SNE. 

Going back even further to my NNJ days, the ice caught on our small (50-60 acre) lake prior to Dec 15 but a warm wind took out all but the cove nearest the house.  Then Dec 20 dawned cold (near zero) and calm.  I went out on the old ice, 4-5" thick, and knocked a small hole in the overnight catch, 2" of black.. A high school fellow from maybe 1,000' away skated across to berate me for wrecking the beautiful smoothness, though the 2"-wide hole probably didn't compromise things too badly.  Next morning was even colder adding another 2" and we then had almost 40 days of mostly BN temps and less than 1" of precip, some light RA maybe 3-4" snow total which mostly blew off the ice, and we could skate or walk on 12"+ and see right thru it.  Thickest black ice I've seen. 

Could you last year?  That Thanksgiving time cold shot was nuts.  

W-a-a-a-y too windy, even with the afternoon max of 9.  Might've been able to skate on a lee shore splash-over.  :lol:

2 hours ago, Ericjcrash said:

Hugger. Darn. 

ecmwf_mslp_uv850_neus_7.png

Plenty of time for that to run into YUL.

j/k

Things like this are always fun to dream about:

Monday Night
A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. North wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Tuesday
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. North wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Tuesday Night
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. North wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Wednesday
A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind 14 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

3 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

I guess the new word this season is “Fade?”  I mean a few of you have been throwing that term out there already...lol.

Nothing wrong with this type of potential this early..good stuff imo.  Maybe none of it works out, we’ve seen that happen many times, and that’s completely on the table.  But to have an upcoming pattern like this, and this early is a good thing.   

You don’t even know what it means :lol: You’re a gym teacher.. ask the students . They’ll explain it 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

This forum is in mid season form already. Pickles passive aggressively showing he hates SNE climo with posts such as above. Jspin already posting BTV AFDs with random hot links for words such a “North New England.”  Kevin already melted, then proceeds to say he hasn’t melted and posts how next week is cold and dry with pond ice....by default this is another melt. Birving with scorched earth posts.  Jerry yelling Crown and Motherfukkas.  Ray already showing disdain for the picnic tables with tippy like poetry and prose. John.....well he hasn’t stopped talking about gradient flow since 2007. All going to plan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This forum is in mid season form already. Pickles passive aggressively showing he hates SNE climo with posts such as above. Jspin already posting BTV AFDs with random hot links for words such a “North New England.”  Kevin already melted, then proceeds to say he hasn’t melted and posts how next week is cold and dry with pond ice....by default this is another melt. Birving with scorched earth posts.  Jerry yelling Crown and Motherfukkas.  Ray already showing disdain for the picnic tables with tippy like poetry and prose. John.....well he hasn’t stopped talking about gradient flow since 2007. All going to plan.

Classic!

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

If SNE can snag some decent snow cover next week boy is it going to get cold.  Looking at low temperatures at the end of next week could almost all of New England see sub 10F lows except at waters edge?  I know models tend to go to extremes further out in time but wow...

Untitled.jpg

A few records would fall with that.  

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Scooter saying snow is coming for SNE , then saying the FV3 had it so he thought it was then posting that we’ll enjoy our fropa .. never admitting he said snow was coming 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1