Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

EPO into NW PNA domain improved, but the Davis Straits ridge became a trough. Almost like things sifted East a tad. But yeah I expect that. My opinion is that a true threat likely isn’t until the 7-8 of December or beyond. Maybe that system prior gets shunted, but I’m sort of setting that as my timeline. 

The eastward shift in ridge placement out west is a good sign. We'll want that. Esp if the NAO ridging is transient.

2 hours ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

So, I see these posts of " what a waste of a storm because of no cold air " or " winter cancel ". First of all to November, and second of all, wouldn't you think with these nor'easters happening that we're setting ourselves up for this kind of pattern throughout the winter? I would think this is going to be a really good thing for us

I've not seeing anyone saying it will be another 1995-96, but the run of strong storms is reminiscent.  1st one this season was the gale of 10/17 and we've had several since.  In 1995 the first serious event came 10/22, and it wasn't until 4 weeks later, on about #6 that the ground turned white.  We then had 5-6 more siggy snowstorms thru mid-Jan before the cutters in late month destroyed the pack, after which Feb/Mar/Apr brought several more.  Far to be preferred to a 1999-00 where nothing was happening.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Should clarify, I meant expected the volatility like you said. But yeah...the Pacific is pretty nice looking overall.

Oh yeah....i didn't mean the eastward PAC shift will stick. Some of that Atlantic stuff is going to effect the Pacific side too. Regardless, the PAC improving (EPO ridge building as we go into December) seems to be consistent. We just don't know the exact orientation yet.

Ideally, we'd get an NAO block to stick around for a couple weeks, but we know how those go...and I wouldn't expect models to have a good handle on it either. There should be plenty of cold around though....especially after the cutter in early December that causes a bunch more folks to melt down here, lol.

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

EPO into NW PNA domain improved, but the Davis Straits ridge became a trough. Almost like things sifted East a tad. But yeah I expect that. My opinion is that a true threat likely isn’t until the 7-8 of December or beyond. Maybe that system prior gets shunted, but I’m sort of setting that as my timeline. 

Agree.