Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah the NAO is trying to push 12/2 south. But I agree the best look for winter threats is probably the following week when the cold is more established. At least that's the way it looks now. Back when we were all more level-headed years ago, we used to talk about how guidance tried to rush the changes...probably same deal here. 

:lol:    Yeah probably good to repeat saying....regarding the pattern rush. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I have an affinity to a good paste bomb. I bet Franconia Notch may be a good spot. Easily accessible.

No overthinking it...go to the Stowe hottubs at the hotel. 

They're gonna get destroyed unless we get the messenger shuffle. If we do get it, then go park up near wildcat. 

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

No overthinking it...go to the Stowe hottubs at the hotel. 

They're gonna get destroyed unless we get the messenger shuffle. If we do get it, then go park up near wildcat. 

Not often SR has south ridge open before Tday. Another one of those long ski seasons . Friends spending the weekend up there are pumped, jelly

112320190745_t.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Not often SR has south ridge open before Tday. Another one of those long ski seasons . Friends spending the weekend up there are pumped, jelly

112320190745_t.jpg

Well not surprising with Sunday River's superior snow making operation and the cold we've had. They've also had some natural snow to help out and hopefully they'll get hit with another 6"+ on the back end of this one. 

25 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I may nudge that a tad NW..at least the jack zone there. Maybe more of a stretch...not necessarily nudge whole thing.

I like when you whisper “mid levels”... my weenie is telling me that the last several events up here have busted a bit because everything ended up further NW than expected (mixed precip and QPF).  

I’ll have whatever the 3km models are having... the NAM and Canadian version here are apeshit.  

7290F28B-69C9-414E-846A-0EC639A42288.thumb.png.08fc40d9299c04fd59188f2ada5b2c58.png

Just now, powderfreak said:

I like when you whisper “mid levels”... my weenie is telling me that the last several events up here have busted a bit because everything ended up further NW than expected (mixed precip and QPF).  

I’ll have whatever the 3km models are having... the NAM and Canadian version here are apeshit.  

7290F28B-69C9-414E-846A-0EC639A42288.thumb.png.08fc40d9299c04fd59188f2ada5b2c58.png

I thought mid levels looked great. I would toss QPF and utilize those features. 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

It is incredibly marginal temps...the 850mb maps look like Swiss cheese with the 0C isotherm.  

Any mid level band going nuts though will be pumping paste.  I could see pockets of mixed north and south of the best mid-level lift. 

Pretty pasty for a while I would imagine.  Should make some good base building

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’m sure Will would know, but roughly how often does ORH receive less than 1” of snow in November?  I’m guessing 50%-75% of years?

This cold and cool stretch has been fascinating and surprising with just a few traces

At the current airport location since 1948...it has been 36 out of 71 Novembers with less than 1". 24 of those failed to get measurable. (Most of them a trace...only 5 failed to produce even a trace)

• Like 1