Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

42 minutes ago, redbanknjandbigbasslakepa said:

I think at your elevation you’ll do much better. I’d expect a good 8-12” at Searsburg Pass.

That's aggressive with modeled warm nose and being that far south and east near the VT/MA line. It would really have to rip once all levels cooled. Definitely a tricky forecast.

6 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

That's aggressive with modeled warm nose and being that far south and east near the VT/MA line. It would really have to rip once all levels cooled. Definitely a tricky forecast.

Yeah I don’t like all the Swiss cheese looking thermal layers... it’s so marginal that just about any p-type seems possible if the models are off in an area by 0.5C even.

Its very similar to that event we thought we were slam dunk for 8-12” and got the QPF but only had 4-6” on 1.0” water... just a frozen dense white substance of very small flake snow and sleet with some ZR for good measure. 

I could see something similar where there’s a good frozen QPF bomb but ratios are total garbage.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’ve found it to be pretty decent in this early season mayhem.  But anyway, definite SE tick in precip across the 12z suite so far.  

Very narrow area of heavy snows most likely.

I’ve just seen it bounce around and also very mild, but then again I haven’t been using it for snow. Some SE ticks so far which perhaps means you are more on the line. It’s close. Kind of a tight little bugger, but mid levels are decent. You probably can’t afford another tick SE however. HREF looks decent for Mitch. 

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

We toss.  If that map were to play out, DIT, INS, and I would go apeshit in disgust.

I've seen a  different RGEM  snow map where most of that heavy snow in the lower elevations of the HV and CV is not there. That map seems to fail to understand how tough that would be at those low elevations.

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

• Like 1

Wow is this a hard storm to predict for my hood for tomorrow.   So marginal and every run and every model is slightly different.  Almost impossible to predict sensible hourly weather for my elevation for this storm.  Below freezing to start probably snow.  Then going over to a mix.  Perhaps moderate rain with catpaws and parachutes falling but not sticking.  Honestly I have no idea other than its going to be a cold stormy day.  Glad I have a sunroom with a 180 glass view over my property.  Good day to be sit back on the laptop in the easy chair with the laptop and watch.

• Weenie 3