• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Chicago12
    Newest Member
    Chicago12
bluewave

July 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

Crazy wind and rain in midtown for the last 15 minutes.  Couldn't even see outside my window for 5 minutes due to the windswept rain hitting it so hard.

That was awesome.

• Like 1

Storms look to be lifting up to hug the Sound again. Hopefully we at least get some heavier rain. Just muggy disgustingness here and we really need the rain. Not one drop today. 

Got the loud Flash Flood Warning alert whilst in an Apple Store, almost every device went off.

No rain yet, but lots of lightning to the north and west.

16 minutes ago, LIWeatherGuy29 said:

What's going on there? My dad lives in Dobbs Ferry. No rain on the south shore of long Island yet.

I'm from Dobbs. I grew up on Luzern Rd and my parents still live there. Where in town is your dad?

just drove from jersey city to springfield. that was the heaviest rain i've ever driven in by a mile. i almost skidded into a pickup truck when all the cars near me got surprised by 6" of water on i78

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, forkyfork said:

just drove from jersey city to springfield. that was the heaviest rain i've ever driven in by a mile. i almost skidded into a pickup truck when all the cars near me got surprised by 6" of water on i78

Glad you’re safe

Great Neck to Lloyd Harbor getting crushed, maybe 2-3” of rain there in an hour. Here lots of loud thunder but still not one drop. This current batch looks like it will stick very near the sound. Hopefully the batch over central NJ stays together. 

8 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Any reports from northern Nassau? That cell looks really bad...

Radar estimate of 2.00” of rainfall near Port Washington.

9 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Great Neck to Lloyd Harbor getting crushed, maybe 2-3” of rain there in an hour. Here lots of loud thunder but still not one drop. This current batch looks like it will stick very near the sound. Hopefully the batch over central NJ stays together. 

Looks like we will get it soon. Line is exploding south. I don’t need storms, just rain. 

After that microburst I’m all set on storms

Heat Index has finally fallen below 90.

Constant crazy lightning, no rain. I need rain, it only rained once this month.

16 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

Glad you're safe Forky. I can confirm, heaviest rain I've seen in a long, long time. Maybe the heaviest I've ever seen. Literally sheets during the peak, along with the strong burst of winds , looked like a bonafide tropical storm out there.

Never really got to experience "true" TS or Hurricane conditions...what I mean by that...During Irene we got the heavy rains but winds were meh... Sandy we got the winds but couldn't get the substantial rain.