Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,452
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    cberr1957
    Newest Member
    cberr1957
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
USCAPEWEATHERAF

February 18th - President's Day Overrunning Snow Event Nowcast/Obs

Recommended Posts

Radar is shredded, has been all day...i saw 6-8 on the nws map...interesting call...i was thinking a general 3-4 with maybe a lucky 5 spot

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, #NoPoles said:

Radar is shredded, has been all day...i saw 6-8 on the nws map...interesting call...i was thinking a general 3-4 with maybe a lucky 5 spot

snowProbGE08.thumb.png.b299cfa0aed8d83526f909b50a992d0b.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaineJayhawk said:

4 traces = 0.03" 

I guess if you use the MM side of the ruler you can get it more defined doing the math.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Radar is shredded, has been all day...i saw 6-8 on the nws map...interesting call...i was thinking a general 3-4 with maybe a lucky 5 spot

That precip in PA should start blossoming. We'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are up in N Conway so gonna' miss this one but there is a fuk ton of snow up here.   This should get Greenfield into the mid-30's for season total.  I'll deal with shoveling Tuesday I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We are up in N Conway so gonna' miss this one but there is a fuk ton of snow up here.   This should get Greenfield into the mid-30's for season total.  I'll deal with shoveling Tuesday I guess. 

Banks got pretty high even in Portland after this last event, so I can only imagine what it's like for places that haven't lost all the snow a couple times this winter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

That precip in PA should start blossoming. We'll see.

Yeah it should based on the HRRR from 00-02Z but it’s not happening yet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Banks got pretty high even in Portland after this last event, so I can only imagine what it's like for places that haven't lost all the snow a couple times this winter. 

Banks are insane above and NW of Farmington and so is the pack..............;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We are up in N Conway so gonna' miss this one but there is a fuk ton of snow up here.   This should get Greenfield into the mid-30's for season total.  I'll deal with shoveling Tuesday I guess. 

Welcome to the hood! Enjoy the MWV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We are up in N Conway so gonna' miss this one but there is a fuk ton of snow up here.   This should get Greenfield into the mid-30's for season total.  I'll deal with shoveling Tuesday I guess. 

U hit up Delanys or Red  Parkah pub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

Banks got pretty high even in Portland after this last event, so I can only imagine what it's like for places that haven't lost all the snow a couple times this winter. 

It's been years since I've seen plow piles this high. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

U hit up Delanys or Red  Parkah pub

Shenan Doah pub tonight.  Red Parka has some of the best steaks I've ever had and they actually know what medium-rare means! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hoth said:

Radar looks like shiat down here.

Had a few flakes so far, looks good just to my north...1-2 southern Counties? 30.7°/22°

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Had a few flakes so far, looks good just to my north...1-2 southern Counties? 30.7°/22°

I'm going to reiterate what I said earlier. Think I'm boned down here. Going with <1".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I'm going to reiterate what I said earlier. Think I'm boned down here. Going with <1".

seeing 0z models backtrack so far gives me pause, seems like the "goods" are going to be to the north and east....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

seeing 0z models backtrack so far gives me pause, seems like the "goods" are going to be to the north and east....

And GOODS mean a meager 3 to 5 to boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

first flakes at about 9, pretty much pouring snow and grap right now... about 1/4" down, column needs to cool a lot more to pull off some better snow growth here, thinking maybe 4" total..29/20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

first flakes at about 9, pretty much pouring snow and grap right now... about 1/4" down, column needs to cool a lot more to pull off some better snow growth here, thinking maybe 4" total..29/20

Got a decent dusting here. Feeling pretty good about inland areas of CT. Not as much for the shoreline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

seeing 0z models backtrack so far gives me pause, seems like the "goods" are going to be to the north and east....

Certainly looks that way on radar. Robust band north of Binghamton, subby look down here, robust in NJ. Fits the tenor of this winter to a T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×