• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2019

George BM

It's obvious that some people's expectations for snow in these parts is not realistic. I know I know not a stunning observance but when maps are shown that have 3" or even 9" of snow on them and people moan or say that it's not exciting etc. I really don't know what to say other than..... :hurrbear:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

So is the entire subforum between 50-90% of climo? Pretty even spread relative to normal it seems.

As crappy as it seems (in my yard) I am at 50% or so. Depending on how this next week or so rolls, I could get to climo, or still be looking for that "good stretch" of winter.

4 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

It's obvious that some people's expectations for snow in these parts is not realistic. I know I know not a stunning observance but when maps are shown that have 3" or even 9" of snow on them and people moan or say that it's not exciting etc. I really don't know what to say other than..... :hurrbear:

Move to Seattle?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

End this abomination of a winter.  Now.

this.  i think i'm good for one more snowstorm, minor/major/whatever, and i'll be done and ready for spring.  in fact, i'm actually ready for a mini drought at this point.  ground is just way too saturated right now...gonna be a problem if we get a march windstorm.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Come on home buddy...come on home.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c642ebe48484e6336

Beam me up.  I am fed the **** up.  Sick of the cold rain.  Sick of the mud.  Sick of watching points east, west, south, and/or north get whatever little goods this winter is dishing out.  And sick of the promised - NAO pattern that continually degrades into the same crap, over and over again.  Living in this infernal place has turned what used to be my favorite season into the one I loathe just a little less than summer.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

So is the entire subforum between 50-90% of climo? Pretty even spread relative to normal it seems.

I'm sitting at 105%, 27.9 vs 26.7 normal. However, I was at 82% at the end of the year and haven't had measurable since 1/18......lots of T's and ice, no snow. Could be a LOT worse, like the disaster called winter 16-17 when only 6.4 fell here.