Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2019

George BM

7 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

Today feels like one of those negative nelly days hopefully 12z makes them happy again but I suspect the fly in the ointment that caused the euro to hiccup will be around today. It won't be a good day to read the board for any positivity....especially if that stormtacker clown decides to post

yep

• Like 1

It probably sleeted for 10 minutes. There is about a quarter to a third of an inch of sleet on the ground. It is on the roof, on my car and it is just laying there. Temperature is 34 with a dewpoint of 14. Got north winds gusting to 30 mph, decent refreshing wind chills.

Never ever expected to get thundersleet here lol.

3 hours ago, Jebman said:

It probably sleeted for 10 minutes. There is about a quarter to a third of an inch of sleet on the ground. It is on the roof, on my car and it is just laying there. Temperature is 34 with a dewpoint of 14. Got north winds gusting to 30 mph, decent refreshing wind chills.

Never ever expected to get thundersleet here lol.

Do you have a shovel down there?

5 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Do you have a shovel down there?

I do have a Jebman Shovel but there was only enough sleet accumulation to scoop with my hands. I piled what i could on the north side of the house. It is still there, it has been cloudy all day. There was sleet on the roofs, on the car, and on the ground but after a few hours most had melted except near the house and where I piled it. I had a 7 inch pile of pure sleet on the north garden where the sleet slid off a hammock. We got about a third of an inch of sleet from a thundersleet system. It simply POURED heavy sleet for 15 minutes! I heard rumbles of thunder as the sleet became heavy. Sleet pellets were mostly a sixteenth of an inch across. The sleet even managed to accumulate on the roads!

Good times.

I hope you guys get a ton of pure snow very soon.

10 hours ago, Jebman said:

I do have a Jebman Shovel but there was only enough sleet accumulation to scoop with my hands. I piled what i could on the north side of the house. It is still there, it has been cloudy all day. There was sleet on the roofs, on the car, and on the ground but after a few hours most had melted except near the house and where I piled it. I had a 7 inch pile of pure sleet on the north garden where the sleet slid off a hammock. We got about a third of an inch of sleet from a thundersleet system. It simply POURED heavy sleet for 15 minutes! I heard rumbles of thunder as the sleet became heavy. Sleet pellets were mostly a sixteenth of an inch across. The sleet even managed to accumulate on the roads!

Good times.

I hope you guys get a ton of pure snow very soon.

Good man! Glad you got some frozen, and thanks - pure snow, thundersleet, all will be welcomed!

15 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

I've actually never caught anything salt water.

Edit: I take that back, I used to catch spec trout as a kid with my dad.

When I was crazy hardcore 10 years ago I would head out to a local lake in early June right before sunup and catch largemouth bass off of top water lures during dawn hour. Then drive to the NJ surf and catch bluefish and striped bass during the day. Then on my way back home that evening I would stop for a few hours at the Delaware River and use fresh bluefish chunks to catch monster catfish. I had tides and moon phases dialed in. It was almost foolproof. These days I'm lucky to get out a dozen times the entire season. Generally just a surf fisherman anymore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jandurin said:

if only bill murray were a meteorologist irl

One of the funniest things I ever read on Bill Murray was a story about some dude who was eating at a Wendy's in Boston area. Well, Bill Murray had been in the area that day and according to the dude telling the story, he said he was casually eating his lunch towards the entrance at a table when a man walked by and jacked a few of his fries off the tray before heading into line. Guy said he was like, "Hey!", and Bill Murray turned and looked at him. The guy was stunned, and all Bill Murray said was, "No one is going to believe you." I lost it because that is hands down one of the most Bill Murray things you could imagine. Gotta love him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

When I was crazy hardcore 10 years ago I would head out to a local lake in early June right before sunup and catch largemouth bass off of top water lures during dawn hour. Then drive to the NJ surf and catch bluefish and striped bass during the day. Then on my way back home that evening I would stop for a few hours at the Delaware River and use fresh bluefish chunks to catch monster catfish. I had tides and moon phases dialed in. It was almost foolproof. These days I'm lucky to get out a dozen times the entire season. Generally just a surf fisherman anymore. 

Well come hit some lakes up with me, I can’t seem to find a good fishing partner lol.

• Like 1