• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

You just knew it was Chris from GYX when you read this phrasing about the sprawling and arcing.  He shoulda just went full banana.   

Could you imagine if Scott were writing these?  “ a scooter high will lock in the cold”. “A poopy streak is all that is between us and SECS”.  “It is so cold even burly men will cry for their mommas”.  

Late in the week could see greater impacts from the next
approaching storm system. Sprawling high pressure will be arcing
over the top of the Northeast...and a deep trof will be swinging
thru the central CONUS. It is a favorable set up for overrunning
precip...with predominantly wintry ptypes on the front end
followed by dry slotting. We are still over 120 hrs out from any
potential impacts though...so significant changes are still
possible with trof still over the NE Pacific.
  • Haha 1

DT after looking at the indicies

"HERE IT IS !! MAJOR PATTERN CHANGE UNDERWAY - Even though Models keep forecasting -NAO/ Greenland Block it has YET to show up. After FEB 9-10 if the -NAO/ Greenland Block still does NOT show up... Winter in eastern US will end early"

6 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

DT after looking at the indicies

"HERE IT IS !! MAJOR PATTERN CHANGE UNDERWAY - Even though Models keep forecasting -NAO/ Greenland Block it has YET to show up. After FEB 9-10 if the -NAO/ Greenland Block still does NOT show up... Winter in eastern US will end early"

I feel better now.

25 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Dont drive Angry! I should try to rephrase- the geographical areas that needed big positive changes to salvage winter, have not had any big positive changes...the pattern is always more optimistic at D11 and beyond...but nothing really comes to fruition...Meteorological Winter is D, J, F...we are now into Feb and some red tags have posted things akin to punting the first 10 days of Feb

You’ll probably get 3 feet on April 5. Your roof will leak, your ac will break, and 4 days later it will be 88/69 with a fluke heatwave.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

He verified around Richmond don't think he actually cares about anywhere else.  RIC must have 200 percent of normal at least if not move

December and January had above normal temperatures For Richmond.   December had 11.5 inches of snow and January 1.5.  Zilch for November.

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

December and January had above C normal temperatures For Richmond.   December had 11.5 inches of snow and January 1.5.  Zilch for November.

More snow than BOS and NYC combined. Pretty close to what ORH had for those 2 months.

4 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Dismissing what ...? 

not sure what you're addressing in deference to me ... I was just being a wise-ass before.  haha

The idea that we could just keep getting porked.

I know you were being tongue in cheek...just saying.

3 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

Dont drive Angry! I should try to rephrase- the geographical areas that needed big positive changes to salvage winter, have not had any big positive changes...the pattern is always more optimistic at D11 and beyond...but nothing really comes to fruition...Meteorological Winter is D, J, F...we are now into Feb and some red tags have posted things akin to punting the first 10 days of Feb

Oh, yea...hell, I punted the first 10 days of february as far as big sne snow goes....days ago.

• Like 1

That's not that far out there in time. 

That could conceivably start around 90 or 96 hours and run out  to 144… Basically two straight days of plausible accretion.

It'll be interesting if the Euro op continues to deny the flatter colder scenario of the GFS tonight.  Seems like each model is still playing into their own bias and haven't budged in the other direction

6 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

GFS is a string of SWFE's after the late week interior icing.

Interior icing gone on 6z GFS.  Nice long overrunning rains, excect for damaging ice Northern Champlain Valley with cold air surface drain.  

Then more SWFE but it is amazing how these models engineer any way for it not to snow in the populated parts of this regional forum.

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Interior icing gone on 6z GFS.  Nice long overrunning rains, excect for damaging ice Northern Champlain Valley with cold air surface drain.  

Then more SWFE but it is amazing how these models engineer any way for it not to snow in the populated parts of this regional forum.

Time time put winter 2018-19 into the ash heap  of the shitty winter hall-of-fame.

Hopefully Worcester will cash in on some good things in Winters of Fore.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It just doesn't want to snow in SNE