• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour
Bob Chill

January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Main road refuses to give up.  Everytime the intensity wavers even our side street melts back.  Off to bed and hoping to wake up to everything covered in snow.

• Like 1

Hopefully we get up in the dark blues by 1am. Epic winter so far. Big snow back on Dec 9 and again now with plenty more opps around the corner. Count our blessings...this is awesome

I missed December 9th, so I’m not feeling the joy. Gonna remove myself from the forum and radar for awhile and take a walk and enjoy what I’ve got.
  • Like 1

Good stuff here in Frederick as other posters have said. Also, is radar scope really worth the $10? Do I have to buy any other subscriptions?

It is looking very good for much of the Mid Atlantic thru the overnight. LOTS of moisture and energy incoming. Relax and enjoy this --- You are all going to get a lot of snow. Sunday looks very fun indeed with more snow, possibly well into the night!

This amazing storm, is only the beginning.............

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Yea..that band southwest of frederick is getting real nice 

Short term I’m not seeing as much northerly trajectory on the banding to our south as I’d like. We have been stuck in really light stuff as south of us gets the goods. Actually have been getting fringed. If that band can shift 10 miles north...but it looks like that’s going to be a struggle. 

The real question is does and banding with the upper level vort pass make it up here tomorrow. If we can pull off 2-3” from that, that’s how we can still get a win here.  We are definitely living on the edge with this one. Hopefully this isn’t the real fringe finally catching up with us. 

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Picking up here and when it does, it piles up fast.

Nice!! The more I drink the fatter the flakes appear and the slower they fall maximizing satisfaction :drunk:

• Like 4

Getting crazy amounts of thunder sleet down here last two hours or so in SW VA. Heard it at least 6 different times. Sounds like transformers blowing but there not lol.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Buddy1987 said:

Getting crazy amounts of thunder sleet down here last two hours or so in SW VA. Heard it at least 6 different times. Sounds like transformers or blowing but there not lol.

TSIP?  Has to be a rare observation

4 minutes ago, EB89 said:

Good stuff here in Frederick as other posters have said. Also, is radar scope really worth the $10? Do I have to buy any other subscriptions?

You can buy the optional $10 a year subscription that unlocks more feautures like lightning, dual screen and other things. It’s worth it if you’re a big severe guy.

6 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Short term I’m not seeing as much northerly trajectory on the banding to our south as I’d like. We have been stuck in really light stuff as south of us gets the goods. Actually have been getting fringed. If that band can shift 10 miles north...but it looks like that’s going to be a struggle. 

The real question is does and banding with the upper level vort pass make it up here tomorrow. If we can pull off 2-3” from that, that’s how we can still get a win here.  We are definitely living on the edge with this one. Hopefully this isn’t the real fringe finally catching up with us. 

Yea...agree mostly. Short term ...I think Westminster proper is in nice shape.  Tomorrow I do think we will get in the banding. Question is....what will the rates be . If good ...I'm thinking 2-4" tomorrow 

5 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Getting crazy amounts of thunder sleet down here last two hours or so in SW VA. Heard it at least 6 different times. Sounds like transformers blowing but there not lol.

Very interesting! Course I am sure you'd rather it be thunder snow. 

11 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Pavement finally trying to cave in Charlottesville. Been rough so far.

Hanging around 30, can’t measure right now.

Same out in crozet. Roads suddenly caved around 10:30

• Like 1

Just now, snjókoma said:

Temperature has gone up 0.4 in the past hour. I walk outside and hear 'drip, drip, drip'.

I don't even live near DC and your incredibly annoying

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

Temperature has gone up 0.4 in the past hour. I walk outside and hear 'drip, drip, drip'.

Lol it’s 28...Get a life

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

i know, i just played basketball outside in shorts and a tshirt.  took me a while to sweep the 2.5" of snow off the court, but i got it done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2