Total Members
    Most Online
    TrickBamland
    Newest Member
    TrickBamland
Bob Chill

January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Just now, GATECH said:

Pretty amazing to think that the snow falling in KC during the game is from the same storm we are getting.

was thinking the SAME thing - i mean it was snowing 1000 miles west of here up until a few hours ago

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Beachin said:

Nam looking like 12z again

Here is long range hrrr

hrrr_apcpn_neus_35.png

I wonder where that idiot troll who said the HRRR was only showing 0.3” qpf for DC is now? Hope he’s seen this. 

Congrats on what looks like an overperformer there. Been a while since your area jacked/trends kept getting better and better as the event got closer. 

Expecting us to get into the goods in the next two weeks hopefully. Have a putrid 1.5” here in East Boston, MA so far. Hoping for a 2015 type repeat here for the second half! Probably not a popular thought in this sub forum but congrats on tonight and enjoy it!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just got done with a jebdrive around Potomac and Bethesda (not yet enough on the ground for a jebwalk).  Couldn't stop in time for my driveway and had to go around the block again.  Good times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JakkelWx said:

Lull city incoming just west of D.C.. also seems to be filling in slightly

Petersburg snow hole. We might lull a little bit but it isnt as bad as it looks. There is a dead radar area down there.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I guess your Ji like rant awhile ago worked. See...banter and complaining isn't bad

It wasn’t ranting as much as it was putting you guys on alert that the situation a few hours ago was displeasing and needed to change

• Haha 1

Just now, H2O said:

It wasn’t ranting as much as it was putting you guys on alert that the situation a few hours ago was displeasing and needed to change

sometimes you just have to take drastic action

2nd measurement of the evening, exactly 2" have fallen. 30/28. Higher rates when out measuring this time. Haven't seen a single car pass on the country road I live out on, or a plow. Grass and walkway completely covered with a blanket of crunchy fluff. 

0 (1).jpg

0 (2).jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

If I look outside, supposedly under 20dbz returns, and see nothing I’m going to lose it.

Still .5” as of 9:55. I’m cursed.

Don't look, you have my weather 2 hours ago......BUT, if this band makes it your way, you are in! It has more than doubled the previous amount of snow in last hour here. Eyeballing I'd say we close to 3 now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

The radar signature of this storm reminds me so much of the Feb 5-6 2010 storm. Not as juicy but very similar.

Very much an uncanny resemblance [first is current radar; second is feb 2010]. The precip shield on the east side is oriented differently and not as intense but the same general shape and breadth. Pretty cool if you ask me 

image.png.3991f073998bd366d494724d1edd0c9b.pngimage.png.55e24d60db5f79720e5b727344972d3a.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

I wonder where that idiot troll who said the HRRR was only showing 0.3” qpf for DC is now? Hope he’s seen this. 

Congrats on what looks like an overperformer there. Been a while since your area jacked/trends kept getting better and better as the event got closer. 

Expecting us to get into the goods in the next two weeks hopefully. Have a putrid 1.5” here in East Boston, MA so far. Hoping for a 2015 type repeat here for the second half! Probably not a popular thought in this sub forum but congrats on tonight and enjoy it!

I hope the whole coast gets destroyed for 8 straight weeks and we ALL talk about this winter and how great it was.

2015 was actually pretty good here from Valentines day into late March. I got at least  30" during that stretch and my normal annual is around 22-24". 2013-14 was better but back to back good years. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Snow36 said:

Very much an uncanny resemblance [first is current radar; second is feb 2010]

image.png.3991f073998bd366d494724d1edd0c9b.pngimage.png.55e24d60db5f79720e5b727344972d3a.png

The CIPS analogs finally make sense now. That really is uncanny.

• Like 2