Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m looking forward to a couple inches of snow Monday night. It’s been a long time . If you don’t like that .. deal with it. I’ll take a smaller type event. No one ever thought this was a big storm 

It’s not about looking forward to it or not...Hopefully that’s the way it plays out.   But there’s a chance this doesn’t even give you that 2 inches.  It’s looking pretty meh for that two inches currently.  Maybe it comes back??  But as of now it looks like crap. That’s the point.  

Id take an inch too..and look forward to it..but it looks to be trending more and more mundane as we go...

But it if you still want to go with that foolish idea of this is 1-3, or 2-4 and nothing’s changed talk... go ahead. 

• Haha 1

Yup... next to go is the communications infrastructure appropriations funding ... which means, restricting all internet traffic to only critical health, safety, and economics data - which unfortunately means that all social media platforms, while still operational, will be islands in a disconnected sea of domain spaces. 

That's code for no more hours of devotion to this and forcing everyone to engage in something similar to a life - 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m looking forward to a couple inches of snow Monday night. It’s been a long time . If you don’t like that .. deal with it. I’ll take a smaller type event. No one ever thought this was a big storm 

If this holds for a literal couple inches of snow for you Monday nite I would be pleasantly surprised and satisfied .My “guess” is this trends less and less and is a CNE/NNE few inches in the end , but you kno that 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Fianlly a bit of melting this pack today..

Funny how Mother Nature balances things out.  All summer while the SNE people up to Dendrite got storms I stayed dry and missed.  Now it seems all it wants to do is snow up here.  Hopefully either wave 1 or 2 will strengthen and go under SNE to give you a nice blast.  I would gladly give next weeks storms up so you all get yours.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We hope and pray, but wonder if Ukie was at the pub earlier.

Has potential, or will Charlie Brown be back when this is also at 3.5 days out 

6 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Fianlly a bit of melting this pack today..

Funny how Mother Nature balances things out.  All summer while the SNE people up to Dendrite got storms I stayed dry and missed.  Now it seems all it wants to do is snow up here.  Hopefully either wave 1 or 2 will strengthen and go under SNE to give you a nice blast.  I would gladly give next weeks storms up so you all get yours.

What a nice sentiment, Mother Nature responds more to cash donations . I set one up for her at [email protected]

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ukie is quite interesting...can't see any other fields except H5 and sfc pressure...but that argues for quite a snowy solution...look at how far the sfc front is at 96H...and then heights crash and we evolve into a little nuke

Not to toot my own horn but    ... yeah, it seems to be tapping into that idea where the last four cycles of the GFS is presently trending ... 

I don't think the original interest for the time frame is really where the focus should be at this point... Yeah, there'll be an IB associated with that waa...but that's also attenuating, possibly in lieu of this latter amplitude.  

There's time... situation's in flux -

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Not to toot my own horn but    ... yeah, it seems to be tapping into that idea where the last four cycles of the GFS is presently trending ... 

I don't think the original interest for the time frame is really where the focus should be at this point... Yeah, there'll be an IB associated with that waa...but that's also attenuating, possibly in lieu of this latter amplitude.  

There's time... situation's in flux -

Whether is the Ukie sneaking out for a few drinks at lunch or something real...that solution def caught my eye. That's a big snow event as depicted just looking at the synoptic feature with no QPF maps or anything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Whether is the Ukie sneaking out for a few drinks at lunch or something real...that solution def caught my eye. That's a big snow event as depicted just looking at the synoptic feature with no QPF maps or anything.

And ...granted, I'm a maverick as you know over the years, and I put it all out there and don't really give a ratz ass where the chips fall... I'm not casting any illusions over what it ultimately means to be a contributing member of this social media haha.

As such... I don't have problem with it. I don't have any compunctions about discussing where things "could go" based upon possible corrections - if the corrections can't happen, I won't bring them up ...personally, I think that is a skill sorely need by more in operational but that's 'sides the point. 

What's catching your eye may not even be finished...  I think the Euro may even need a day but ...the 12z solution may be interesting anyway. The broadly ill-scoped surface low pressure of the 00z run struck me as a person leaving the canvas unfinished because they got a late memo on where the paint should be applied - 

Euro is starting to focus more on the backside energy....it still has the WAA pulse, but it is getting weaker each run seemingly. The western ridge has shifted quite a bit west too by 108h vs 120h on the 00z run.

Verbatim, the WAA pulse is like 1-2" for pike and a bit more for NNE...a little less down in CT.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Euro is starting to focus more on the backside energy....it still has the WAA pulse, but it is getting weaker each run seemingly. The western ridge has shifted quite a bit west too by 108h vs 120h on the 00z run.

Verbatim, the WAA pulse is like 1-2" for pike and a bit more for NNE...a little less down in CT.

Hmm...maybe the WAA turns into a C-2" appetizer followed by the little critter that bites for someone in NE a day or so later.  

Backside energy redevelops another low south of SNE at 120 hours and there's a goodburst of snow with this. This is actually not that far from the Ukie solution...more tame for sur,e but it has the same idea of using the backside energy as the primary mechanics as Tip was discussing.

• Like 1

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic