Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, CoastalWx said:

James, is that you?

Not likely ...considering that solution rain bombs 'im ... 

actually, we'd now be getting ready for a steady diet of why that's going to happen just like that, but colder ...citing a multifarious assortment of physical causes borrowed from that brand new never heard of before branch of theoretical atmospheric physics.  

Just kidding James -

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I actually don't think the Euro has had a single huge storm for SNE even in clown range this year...pretty amazing. Here it is......lol

Jan4_12zEuro234.png

Yeah wxbell has like widespread 18-24" in SNE from day 9-10.  It's the SNE dream storm where everyone down there faces NNE and flips us off :lol:.  Actually misses western SNE too.

It is amazing that even clown range hasn't shown one of those this season, you are right about that.

• Haha 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Not likely ...considering that solution rain bombs 'im ... 

actually, we'd now be getting ready for a steady diet of why that's going to happen just like that, but colder ...citing a multifarious assortment of physical causes borrowed from that brand new never heard of before branch of theoretical atmospheric physics.  

Just kidding James -

lol John, lol.  I am taking a seat back a bit as this winter heads onward.  I am trying to be conservative, but can't help with the UKMET solution it showed at 12z, I don't want to share more, but the EPS mean is coming back with winter.

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I will take 6-12" with some rain mixed in like that run of the EURO showed, sure do I want feet of snow like everyone else, of course, but I am reasonable, our first snowstorm of the year can be more tamed.

I'd take a 2-4" storm at this point...the clown range storm is a fantasy that probably is't happening.

Tues/Wed is more interesting...esp if that backside energy can become more dominant.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

The funniest part of that fantasy storm, if somehow one like that popped up, all the sudden Meh Bob in Taunton would have the highest realitive to normal snowfall in all of New England.  BOS probably too.  

Dendrite would be really happy because he wouldn't have to clear a path for his chickens.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'd take a 2-4" storm at this point...the clown range storm is a fantasy that probably is't happening.

Tues/Wed is more interesting...esp if that backside energy can become more dominant.

Yeah salient advice... 

It's both dicey actually, obviously more so on the latter.  But the Tuesday thing... that western ridge bulging suddenly east toward lower Manatoba looks dubious... If that feature were to correct back just a bit west... than that pattern slowing down starts sooner and the Tuesday event shapes up.

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah wxbell has like widespread 18-24" in SNE from day 9-10.  It's the SNE dream storm where everyone down there faces NNE and flips us off :lol:.  Actually misses western SNE too.

It is amazing that even clown range hasn't shown one of those this season, you are right about that.

It did not go out far enough lol for the clown maps to kick in, 2 more panels and that would have been huge here and west, Actually it occluded at the last minute which at day 10 means nothing anyways other then pure entertainment.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The funniest part of that fantasy storm, if somehow one like that popped up, all the sudden Meh Bob in Taunton would have the highest realitive to normal snowfall in all of New England.  BOS probably too.  

Boston is about 10" below normal right now, a bit more by then, but yes it would be right up there.  What about Caribou?  I heard they have had 60+" thus far?

Missing from the D10 deal is the inject of n/stream ... Not to be greedy. 

Anyway, immediately the focus is on the D10 thing with all this caution stuff we all should already be well aware ..  It's pretty clear those saying that are coaching/counciling themselves out of their own anguish...  

Defensive posturing as we will... The pattern does support amplitude in that time range for a compendium of reasons we've already outline, and ... taken FWIW, the Tuesday event (or non event) is on the table and should be the focus first. 

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

IMG_1771.thumb.PNG.6f12a8c187905c415bdb0242c9101d44.PNG

Rat bast***s stealing all our snow from upstate NY again

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

IMG_1771.thumb.PNG.6f12a8c187905c415bdb0242c9101d44.PNG

The euro still owes me a few feet of snow from Juno. Shift this a little west and lock it up for 200+ hours. Thank you. 

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic