Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Maybe 

looks to be trending weaker and well when  that is a “good thing” I’m not psyched . I’m not looking for more than advisory with this anyway. Well see

let’s see what 12z does. 

Your standards are too high if you are trying to get more than 6" with this storm....it's not a very juiced system as currently modeled. Maybe if everything goes right it happens but I'd just aim for keeping things mostly frozen for now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Your standards are too high if you are trying to get more than 6" with this storm....it's not a very juiced system as currently modeled. Maybe if everything goes right it happens but I'd just aim for keeping things mostly frozen for now. 

A couple of days though didn’t it look more juiced?  Maybe it will trend back in that direction.  I think it also had a look of a slow moving system but that seems to be off the table.  Gyx  says 12 hours and all waa.  

22 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Looks boring for the foreseeable future.  Next weeks winter event looks like W/C/NNE special with little to no snow south of the border for the Metro Boston area.

I'm not sure I'd resign myself to "little to no snow" in Boston metro next week yet. Define little...could certainly see like 2" or more...

I just ... I dunno doc ... I get the feeling like I'm not supposed to forget about her.  I know it's not rational and whatever -  but no one understands how symbolic reality its self seems to be; like everywhere I look there is something there that reminds me of her in a very specific way... 

image.png.fba15ba9c96080510f3076912b1c2c72.png

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's so marginal looking at 925-850. But who knows with the deformation band possibly into your area. 

Agree...I think that's the whole key on getting accums. I feel like whoever is under that best deformation lift may be snowing. Other models kinda suck though so we'll see if the euro goes south at 12z.

6 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

Cool.  Thinking it might be more drippy than anything.

The other issue is there is a s/w in the northern stream that giving this a "kick east as it gains lat so some of these solutions we whiff on. DE areas are seeing more in the way of snow as the colder air gets in for them sooner, The Nam just did it again at 12z.

image.png.f47d983356947fe2b80591e1783bbbfa.png

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Oh wow.  So MHT would be heavy rain?  And us are barely snow, but siignificant?  We are talking about this weekend right?  Not next MonTues?

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The other issue is there is a s/w in the northern stream that giving this a "kick east as it gains lat so some of these solutions we whiff on. DE areas are seeing more in the way of snow as the colder air gets in for them sooner

One thing is certain - the rain this will produce in SNE will only further amplify the melts.

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

Oh wow.  So MHT would be heavy rain?  And us are barely snow, but siignificant?  We are talking about this weekend right?  Not next MonTues?

dryslot said the 6z euro backed off a bit and the ncep models are too far south. So I wouldn't go getting too excited. Was kinda just throwing it out there. And yeah that's not the M/T SWFE.

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic