Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I can afford to be optimistic, no one relies on my thoughts, if I was a professional meteorologist like I wanted to be since I was young, my thoughts would be different.  I love the blizzards we get, but they are few and far between.

If your thoughts aren't objective, no one in this thread needs to read them. Go to banter.

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Fair enough, will it be better if I am huge negative nancy and doubt everything all the time, I thought I would add optimism to the threads.

There is a time for everything. Be a but incredulous when the pattern justifies it and optimistic when things look good. No need to be gung ho in marginal situations. Merry Xmas, btw. I don't mean to sound harsh. 

Just now, Hoth said:

There is a time for everything. Be a but incredulous when the pattern justifies it and optimistic when things look good. No need to be gung ho in marginal situations. Merry Xmas, btw. I don't mean to sound harsh. 

Thanks for the advice everyone, I will try my best to reel it in more, I like the 12z GFS on the second storm for after New Year's Day.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

Keeeeeep pushing it baaaaaaaack

merry Christmas you aspergered wx watchers 

As climo becomes very favorable for Bos in next couple weeks mid January will certainly be better (impossible to be less than zero) , biggest threat in mid January to mid February pattern is dry/ lack of storms 

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I make plenty of mistakes. I just try to learn from them...I thought that some snow in December would have panned out, but tough break.

First 10 days of December had solid longwave pattern, it just didn't pan out. Guess what? We're way overdue to have some decent patterns whiff us. That's how you get 1980s winters. They happen. Not saying this winter will be a 1980s winter...but the expectations in here have gotten to obscene levels. I def think the big storm in November made it worse. 

It also doesn't help we didn't even get a crap 2-4" clipper in there somewhere. So basically putting up a goose egg through Xmas in December will send many weenies on tilt. 

• Like 2