Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowGiant611
    Newest Member
    SnowGiant611
Amos83

December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

2 minutes ago, Wow said:

With initial precip in Mooresville for the past 30 min, it's been sleet/snow as the sfc temps are crashing with this hvy band.  It's whitened up the ground quickly.  Expected to transition to all snow soon as the column is completely cooled.  In fact, I hear less sleet and see bigger flakes mixing in now.  This is going to be a big hit.

34.3/31

Any worry of the CC moving up our way? Seems like its racing north in a hurry. 

9 minutes ago, SnowDeac said:

Watch out Mooresville and Triad friends! The CC is heading your way! NAM rules again.

Nah, transition line always stops between I-85 and Hwy 73

The bright reds in ne ga right now are freezing rain with a little sleet. Guess it’s a good thing it’s not in the mid 20s lol

Just NE of Blowing Rock, moderate snow, borderline pouring, over 3” on the deck and dime size flakes.  25F, going to bed, long day ahead. 

Good night and good luck to everyone. Hope to wake up to decent sleet accumulation and not zr. Sad to have to basically punt until the backside of the storm. Such is life in CLT.

9 minutes ago, NEGa said:

The bright reds in ne ga right now are freezing rain with a little sleet. Guess it’s a good thing it’s not in the mid 20s lol

Yeah warm nose has pushed in on us fast, sleet/ZR mix with the occasional flake here. Only around 32 still here so don’t expect much icing issues, unless the NE winds can dry things out at the surface.

moderate snow here in east raleigh.  cars getting covered quickly. per radar there is a heavy band moving NE that should hit Wake in about an hour or so

6 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

Yeah warm nose has pushed in on us fast, sleet/ZR mix with the occasional flake here. Only around 32 still here so don’t expect much icing issues, unless the NE winds can dry things out at the surface.

Yeah it did. It’s all frz rain here now - maybe .10 or so. Didn’t go out to actually measure.

1 minute ago, GunBlade said:

GSP has slashed totals down here based on warm nose as well per their discussion. :(

E2181967-056E-42A2-B23F-C127BC77731B.png

I am in Mooresville and there is no way we get to that 7-10 inches. It was snowing and is now flipping between snow and sleet. We will be lucky to get 2 or 3 unless something changes in a hurry. 

Just now, Cornsnow said:

I am in Mooresville and there is no way we get to that 7-10 inches. It was snowing and is now flipping between snow and sleet. We will be lucky to get 2 or 3 unless something changes in a hurry. 

Theyll continue pushing those high amounts north and west as the night goes on id bet

Nothing but rain here for the past hour. Was hoping the unexpected sleet earlier would usher in some snow. (Rockfish NC)

EDIT: As soon as I submitted this the sound of sleet drew me to window...sleet snow mix now.