• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter

George BM

I might see a few minutes of sleet in my yard. I know my climo lol. Good luck to those of you well N & W. At this point, looks like a legit chance for a few inches of frozen before turning to rain.

Long range continues to look good. I have to keep smacking myself every time Dec 2009 creeps into my head. Not happening! Is it? :yikes:

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Do we name this one after you if we wake up to snow this week?

Nah. Though I mentioned this time period as a possibility a week or so ago I had pretty much given up on it except for maybe some possible flakes in the air or a coating at best. I honestly only started this thread to keep the talk of this storm, of which I thought would be more of a rain storm, out of the med-long range thread. Hence the short range disco vs. a storm thread. Wanted to keep the mid/long range disco clutter free so we could focus on what I suspected would be a rapid improvement within the models in the longer ranges. So if anyone deserves the storm to be named after them it is probably @losetoa6 who never gave up on it and was faithfully posting about it.

24 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

This the season.  I just bought 10 pints of hardywood gingerbread Stout at my local grocery store upon my return to Northern Virginia today. I bought everything that was on the Shelf. I will be back for more. They sell them in  Pints this year which is interesting.

Much prefer the 500ml bottles, as I find that more than that in pastry stouts gets a bit much. Something barrel-aged is a little different, in my opinion.

Cant wait for BB GBS to hit the shelves...

It is only a matter of time before these lows hitting the Mid Atlantic are snow instead of cold rain.

This winter will be a record snow winter for Washington DC and the greater Mid Atlantic.

All hell is going to break loose this winter. Get your ice melter, Jebman Shovels and several backup snowblowers. Don't forget the snowshoes.

You're gonna need em in the Mid Atlantic this winter. It will be frigid cold, super snowy and absolutely unrelenting.

Washington DC will have a White Christmas, with over a foot of snow on the ground. THIS Christmas.

And NO, Leesburg04, you will NOT be fringed this winter. Leesburg will be extremely HARD HIT by deep snow this winter. You will be sick and tired of digging snow by Jan 15 2019. You will be crying for the Jebman to come up from Texas, to come dig you all out lmao.

47 minutes ago, Jebman said:

It is only a matter of time before these lows hitting the Mid Atlantic are snow instead of cold rain.

This winter will be a record snow winter for Washington DC and the greater Mid Atlantic.

All hell is going to break loose this winter. Get your ice melter, Jebman Shovels and several backup snowblowers. Don't forget the snowshoes.

You're gonna need em in the Mid Atlantic this winter. It will be frigid cold, super snowy and absolutely unrelenting.

Washington DC will have a White Christmas, with over a foot of snow on the ground. THIS Christmas.

And NO, Leesburg04, you will NOT be fringed this winter. Leesburg will be extremely HARD HIT by deep snow this winter. You will be sick and tired of digging snow by Jan 15 2019. You will be crying for the Jebman to come up from Texas, to come dig you all out lmao.

At least five blizzards with TSSN+++ w/ at least 6"/hr snowfall rates with hurricane force wind gusts or bust. 

24 minutes ago, George BM said:

At least five blizzards with TSSN+++ w/ at least 6"/hr snowfall rates with hurricane force wind gusts or bust. 

You're gonna get your blizzards. You are going to get so much snow you will wish you moved to Austin, lol.

This Nino will supply ridiculous amounts of moisture to snow setups in the Mid Atlantic which will be one of the greatest reasons, among others, that Washington DC will have unbelievable amounts of snow this winter.

You remember what happened this past summer with the rains.

It will happen this winter with the snows.

Even down here in Austin i think I might see a coating of snow on the ground at some point. This upcoming winter is going to be beyond fabulous. beyond epic, especially in the Mid Atlantic.

I can't believe this. I'm in south TX. Its November.

Its snowing to my west, and NWS claims it WILL hit Austin overnight. Should I just go to bed? (It does NOT snow in south central Texas), or should I stay up like a misplaced snow weenie? It's 33 degrees here with 27 degree dewpoints and north winds gusting to 33 mph.

• Like 3

I just saw three Anne Arundel County dump trucks with plows hooked up.  They actually looked spotless, brand new, heading east on MD Rt.32.  Probably coincidental, maybe they were brand new or maybe they were headed to/from getting serviced for the Winter.  

Either way, it put a smile on my face sitting in traffic 

52 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

If you all haven’t read Ray’s (40/70 Benchmark) winter forecast in the NE subforum, grab a beer, kick back, and do it. This is about as good a look as you can get, though I know a mod niño is a bit better down here. 

While the look is great (incredible, woofable actually), a call of 15-25” for DC isn’t really that impressive, if we’re being honest. Of course, 20” for DCA could well mean 30”+ for me at slight elevation in Fairfax County, but still...there’s a loooooong way to go.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic