Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter

George BM

35 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I am just ready for another soaking rain. Only an inch last night. I think 2 is doable for this next one.

The warm, wet soil is totally gonna eat my December snow. 

No.  What will happen is that all this rain and then freezing temps for DJF will create such a thick layer of ice and frozen ground that snow will instantly pile up every time it falls.  Then the snow will insulate the ice from melting so both make a symbiotic relationship keeping each other alive.

28 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

No doubt...long way to go, and given what it is to be a mid-Atlantic snow weenie caution is always prudent. I’m thinking if we see a decent December and get on a heater in February we could easily end up on the higher end of forecasts.

Would anyone ever call for 25+ at DCA before the first flakes have fallen? What were the 09-10 forecast totals?

Totally agree on the bold. If December gets us started off strong, then we could have a really big year because I think we crush it in late January through the first three weeks or so of February, with a chance of an event or two squeezed in there.

25 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

CWG went 150-175% of normal in 09-10. 24” for DCA and 30” for BWI.

Those numbers sound so unimpressive compared to what happened.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm not all that excited for thurs. Early season storms almost never produce in my yard. I'm prepared for watching whatever minor slush that accumulates run down the storm drain while northern tier folks post winter wonderland scenes every 5 minutes. 

You’ll take you slush dusting and LIKE IT.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm not all that excited for thurs. Early season storms almost never produce in my yard. I'm prepared for watching whatever minor slush that accumulates run down the storm drain while northern tier folks post winter wonderland scenes every 5 minutes. 

Just depends on people's hopes/expectations. Based on the tweets I put in the other thread, if we can eke out 1" at BWI and/or DCA...it would be first time doing so in November since the 90s. That's maybe doable...maybe. At least, more or a worthy hope/chase than the crazy 4+ inch amounts inside the beltways.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Just depends on people's hopes/expectations. Based on the tweets I put in the other thread, if we can eke out 1" at BWI and/or DCA...it would be first time doing so in November since the 90s. That's maybe doable...maybe. At least, more or a worthy hope/chase than the crazy 4+ inch amounts inside the beltways.

DCA has precisely 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of recording 1”. 

BWI’s odds are probably a bit higher.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic