Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November Discobs Thread

George BM

13 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

This is certainly the fastest green-to-bare tree progression I can ever recall here. Basically 4-5 weeks between noticeable color and generally bare trees. 

The transition from late summer to Fall and then a preview of winter was pretty remarkable. I had figs on my fig tree up till yesterday here , now zap, everything falling to the ground just looking out the window. 

I look forward to the next transition from winter preview to deep winter with snow cover and a snow swept landscape.  I hope your reseeding holds :-) I never got to doing my lawn,  but will try a new method and do mid winter seeding after the ground starts to freeze and crack. Might be a waste of money, will see.  

2 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Spent part of the day in the high ground of Garrett County Md.  A light snow cover held on all afternoon in shaded areas as temps stayed in the 30's.  Pretty cool to see given the date.  Hopefully winter showing its hand early.

Agreed.  Hoping for more snow than cold.  I'd consider this winter a big success if we got anregionqide warning event, say 6" - 10" on Christmas Eve into Christmas Day.

1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Cant beat today's weather.  Perfect.

I worked on one of my cars for a few hours before nfl kicked off. Didn't have a jacket on but loved the combo of bright sun and crisp temps. I did have to wear a hat and gloves walking the dog last night. I'm not hardened yet so the 29 degrees felt like 10. Lol

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic