• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

George BM

June Discobs Thread

had over 1.26" rain yesterday.  Most of that coming in less than an hour.  It was just stupid heavy rain.

We could end up with June's full average monthly amount before the weekend is out.  Gonna be a hot one today!  Then unseasonably cool and rainy on Sunday.  July to April in two days.

• Like 1

This weather is truly ATROCIOUS.  When it's not cloudy/rainy/foggy it's 90 with a dewpoint of 75.....just terrible.   Please make it stop.  

• Like 1

Just over 8" for the month of May. Only about a quarter of an inch last night, despite some booming thunder. I need to stay on this roll of missing most of the heavy rains over the past week or so. Mosquitoes are swarming the last 2 days, despite all the larvicide applications I have done since early March. Usually that does the trick, but this is one of those Springs. Time to spray some bad stuff- I need a fast knockdown of the adults so I can actually function outside.

43 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Big downward trend in rainfall potential for tomorrow...horrible. Another bust.

I noticed that as well. Not seeing really any kind of flash flooding potential with this one. Just looks like a cool day with some steady rain.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

:D YES!!!!

Sorry have an all day horse show tomorrow and really hate those kids showing in downpours. Because unless there is lightning or an absolute deluge the show goes on. 

2 hours ago, osfan24 said:

I noticed that as well. Not seeing really any kind of flash flooding potential with this one. Just looks like a cool day with some steady rain.

Not sure I agree.    Saturday still has moderate instability with big PWs.     If you look at the GFS, it looks "rainy", but it still has temps in the 80s.    The details on the NAM3 suggest a convective  element, so there will likely be some major rainers.     Sunday is the cool (almost chilly), raw, showery day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yoda said:

That shows at least 5 inches in the past month for @EastCoast NPZ :lol:

It also shows 100% more than that just 2-3 miles to my north, northeast, and northwest, and at least 40 - 60% more in every direction around me.

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I think that map is even undercounting the precip as it ends at 8pm yesterday.

With yesterday's .65", I got just about 6.5" for the month. The problem?  See above.

5 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I see my updated forecast total for today thru tomorrow night has been cut in-half since this morning.

I will plan on mowing tomorrow under partly sunny skies.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Guess now we move into the season of 90/70 and no weather.

My forecast high temp on Sunday is 66 degrees. Not there yet. Give it a couple weeks lol

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Hrrr looks busy later this evening 

Yeah it looks better each run, especially for those closer to DC and those farther west. NAMs also look interesting for tonight now. GFS looks pretty boring for tomorrow while NAMs seem a bit more impressed.

13 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Yeah it looks better each run, especially for those closer to DC and those farther west. NAMs also look interesting for tonight now. GFS looks pretty boring for tomorrow while NAMs seem a bit more impressed.

Here's the latest for 11pm ish. NPZ crushed.Look like decent rainers too...north of Hagerstown has flood advisory out with that current cell . Also a warned cell for quarter hail near Culpeper,Va

hrrr_ref_frzn_neus_6.png

33 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Here's the latest for 11pm ish. NPZ crushed.Look like decent rainers too...north of Hagerstown has flood advisory out with that current cell . Also a warned cell for quarter hail near Culpeper,Va

hrrr_ref_frzn_neus_6.png

Lol.  2 nights ago it gave me 2+ inches.  I got .01".

I'll take the under.  Way under.

Epic fringe and screwjob in ptogress.

Big storm to my west and has managed to wrap back around me to the northeast.  Had 3 minutes of rain, but getting drilled with wind as the thunder and bolts pound all around me. 

• Haha 1

Latest HRRR gets heavy rain into the western edges of Baltimore but misses DC. It's definitely trending a bit east and south with each run as we get closer in time.

Rain and storms probably in DC region in about an hour or two per radar... can see clear outflow boundary ahead of the storms on radarscope 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Am I the only one who wants no rain?

Probably. Most people here like extreme weather. Some sugar coated more then others, but we all know why were here.

• Like 1