joxey
Spring Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Love Tomer Berg's winter weather archive. Thought you guys might like this one

I remember my parents telling me about this storm.  They lived in Wayland Mass, 18 miles west of Boston.  At the time they had a cleaning lady that came out from Dorchester and they picked her up at Riverside T stop. She came in the AM.  Started snowing.  Power went out.  Trees in dark green leaf and limbs came down everywhere.  They couldn't even get her back to Riverside in the PM.  She spent a night or two.  So it must have been a daytime snow too.  Amazing for so late in the season.

1 hour ago, Cobalt said:

Love Tomer Berg's winter weather archive. Thought you guys might like this one

I've never seen that map before, despite spending a chunk of time researching that event.  I recall it pretty well. We had close to a foot in Foxboro, MA and heavy tree damage due to the heavy wet snow on leafed out trees. Lost power for a while.

Will (ORHWX_man) has a good map, too

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I've never seen that map before, despite spending a chunk of time researching that event.  I recall it pretty well. We had close to a foot in Foxboro, MA and heavy tree damage due to the heavy wet snow on leafed out trees. Lost power for a while.

Tomer just made it, he is doing all storms and creating a database

4 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I was 9 years old living in Cambridge and we even got like an 1-2" of accumulation there!  I took a Polaroid photo or two but cannot find them in my parents photo boxes.   That storm is very difficult to find much information about on-line.  The best bet is looking at old daily newspaper archives at local libraries which I will try to do someday.  Of course, notice the Valley "screw job" on that map.   lol

Archived