• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

I'm not sure if that's right or not ... but just on the surface those dual lows that are suddenly apart of the RGEM and other Meso types look suspiciously like convective feedback... The q vector forcing isn't that far out and probably the 'real' center is somewhere between those poles... 

1 minute ago, Weenie said:

I feel like this is one of those storms that has so many complicated interactions going on we won't know exactly where it's going until it's already formed and begun to phase

That's exactly what a weenie would say

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe I’m wrong... but the southern steam continuing to trend stronger is bad, and what’s causing this, at least in part to escape east. It’s almost like it’s dominating for longer and everything just happens too late because of that.

If that continues, I would not be surprised if this continues to tick east. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yet another low pressure system will form off the south and trek to the north east. An upper-level low pressure system moving in from the Great Lakes will give the entire area a prolonged period of light-moderate/ snow late Monday evening through Wednesday afternoon.  The most amount of snow will fall Tuesday morning through late Tuesday evening... that's when it will get CRAZY. There will be an upslope effect across the Adirondacks, Catskills, Greens, and Berkshires

Still early to tell but i predict another snow pounding and I mean pounding. Please bring your pets indoors, keep your shovels on hand, and stay off the roads! Please stay safe everyone as this past storm has caused devastation in Waterville and a car skidded off the road into my yard causing severe grass damage. Stay safe everyone 

1 minute ago, Weatherexpert said:

Yet another low pressure system will form off the south and trek to the north east. An upper-level low pressure system moving in from the Great Lakes will give the entire area a prolonged period of light-moderate/ snow late Monday evening through Wednesday afternoon.  The most amount of snow will fall Tuesday morning through late Tuesday evening... that's when it will get CRAZY. There will be an upslope effect across the Adirondacks, Catskills, Greens, and Berkshires

Still early to tell but i predict another snow pounding and I mean pounding. Please bring your pets indoors, keep your shovels on hand, and stay off the roads! Please stay safe everyone as this past storm has caused devastation in Waterville and a car skidded off the road into my yard causing severe grass damage. Stay safe everyone 

I believe you have that.

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Jan 2015 was close. I guess that was technically more central SNE...as the mega bands went from like westford/Littleton through ORH/Shrewsbury/Northborough and then curled down to ginxy. 

Dec 29, 1976 had a band that did what you describe...destroyed from rays area down to PVD and most of RI with 16-20". 

Howwww be  re member this stuf! 

Just talked to Ray, he said flying back to Boston.  I on the other hand just landed in FLL (Ft. Lauderdale) and am about to drive to Keys.  WHAT DO I DO!?  

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm not sure if that's right or not ... but just on the surface those dual lows that are suddenly apart of the RGEM and other Meso types look suspiciously like convective feedback... The q vector forcing isn't that far out and probably the 'real' center is somewhere between those poles... 

Here’s the 12z GFS qg omega. The best qg convergence does shift offshore.

2DD393AD-01C5-4B31-9B47-7A9F23B12B5A.gif

E45ECB56-F4F6-4A75-9227-6C082E8840EA.gif

6 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

yeah but they didn't weigh it, they will be back peddling like mad later, esp out here

perhaps you are fine in the promise land

I’d wait until the 00z runs before backpedaling. The euro wasn’t great, but don’t change everything over a few 18z runs. Maybe everything ticks back west at 00z with new raob data.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I’d wait until the 00z runs before backpedaling. The euro wasn’t great, but don’t change everything over a few 18z runs. Maybe everything ticks back west at 00z with new raob data.

its not dropping our qpf dramatically.  although I have to drive to the airport at 4am Wednesday so I really should hope we just get a few inches....

17 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I believe you have that.

Thanks and I do have severe grass damage since the extreme weather phenomena ripping through my yard every morning a couple months back. Things have calmed down but the regular weather events now such as snow storms always attracts something to rip up the lawn.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

yeah but they didn't weigh it, they will be back peddling like mad later, esp out here

perhaps you are fine in the promise land

Did they tell you that or did you make it up?  You think they need an hour conference to put numbers up 2 days out?...lol...You live in a place where it’s rare to have a big (12+) synoptic snow.  Knock down the mountains east of you and maybe you’ll do better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Weatherexpert said:

Thanks and I do have severe grass damage since the extreme weather phenomena/fog ripping through my bong every morning a couple months back. Things have calmeddown but the regular weather events now such as snow storms always attracts something to rip up the greenage and fire up thru the pipe

Hmmmm