• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

8 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I've only really gotten to look at things over the past hour but I don't even know how you really portray a snowfall map right now :lol: I mean there are just so many uncertainties still and many of these uncertainties spew down to the mesoscale level in which good luck pinpointing now. Plus having the storm modeled as strong as it is and just how rapid the cyclogenesis happens is not really a good thing at all...we're going to see banded precip as opposed to a solid widespread precipitation shield.

so when a storm strengthens slower you get a more widespread shield like pd2, 1/96, 2/01?  these bandy noreasters have always been annoying

5 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

so when a storm strengthens slower you get a more widespread shield like pd2, 1/96, 2/01?  these bandy noreasters have always been annoying

Pd II and Jan 96 had tremendous isentropic lift...huge hi. That is one way to get that expansive QPF Sheild that isn't be ba banded.

2 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

yeah I think so. I think what happens is when they deepen so quickly (similar to tropical systems) perhaps the big pressure gradients leads to precip becoming more band-like b/c you'll getting rapidly rising columns of air and so with that you must get rapidly sinking columns of air

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

yeah I think so. I think what happens is when they deepen so quickly (similar to tropical systems) perhaps the big pressure gradients leads to precip becoming more band-like b/c you'll getting rapidly rising columns of air and so with that you must get rapidly sinking columns of air

Interesting take.