• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

Jan 2015 was close. I guess that was technically more central SNE...as the mega bands went from like westford/Littleton through ORH/Shrewsbury/Northborough and then curled down to ginxy. 
Dec 29, 1976 had a band that did what you describe...destroyed from rays area down to PVD and most of RI with 16-20". 

Will Harwich did well in that storm 32" in my front yard

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Jan 2015 was close. I guess that was technically more central SNE...as the mega bands went from like westford/Littleton through ORH/Shrewsbury/Northborough and then curled down to ginxy. 

Dec 29, 1976 had a band that did what you describe...destroyed from rays area down to PVD and most of RI with 16-20". 

Was thinking its been a while. Is there a reason other than luck

its over back here for other than a few inches, euro may correct a tad nw but it has the right idea

this was the last good shot for a region wide crippling snowstorm

there may be other chances at a sloppy inch or two or congrats logan11 but this one had a long shot but not long enough

congrats out east

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

He loves spring storms.  Blue bombs...reminiscing about laying on the Bougouis Beach while parachutes fall near Fox Hall...

I’m expecting the next Euro to split the difference between its last two runs...

We’ve seen this play before...but the NAM solution has me salivating

Spent my freshman year in Bogus - across from Fox

3 minutes ago, Weenie said:

Hour 18 of GFS follows the same trends the other models have been following, several mb stronger when it hits the water. Might be slightly west but it's probably just noise

It's a bit east(30-40 miles maybe?) of the 12z run at hour 30 but should still be a pretty good hit I think.

Ouch. Verbatim, 18z GFS is advisory for most outside of RI/eastern MA which is low end warning. Cape gets destroyed. Give it one more cycle to see if it comes back, but Euro FTW as of right now.

We're going with 2-5" west of 91 and 5-8" east - I like that call right now.

Just now, SR Airglow said:

Ouch. Verbatim, advisory for most outside of RI/eastern MA which is low end warning. Cape gets destroyed. Give it one more cycle to see if it comes back, but Euro FTW as of right now.

We're going with 2-5" west of 91 and 5-8" east - I like that call right now.

Mid levels.  Don’t ignore in favor of the siren song of qpf.

• Like 1

To think that if i didn't waste my time with this nonsense I'd be none the wiser enjoying a spring day. This thing could get worse too. Have to hope this is the limit. To finish out this season missing one west and then one east would just define march in Rhode island.