joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two great overnight model runs and the long-range thread is filled with posts about mdecoy...  i hope nobody takes this the wrong way, but if you don't like his posts, then why not just put him on ignore?  It's easy to ignore his posts, but it's hard to ignore the pages of discussion about him. 

10 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Up here in Mappy's hood:D ( Parkton) reinstalling a residential  electric service that got ripped down during the wind. There's a few trees down up this way but doesn't compare to the carnage in Harford Co I saw.  

Where you at??

I saw a great big one up by the roots along the back road to drop the kid off at school. The kiddo was counting downed trees hahaha

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I saw a few trees down on Mount Carmel Rd. on my drive out there . They already cut up and hauled  away  the tree that did the damage at this house .

Yeah, I've seen that too. Quite a few along my back road drive, then again on Falls Road as I cut through Gunpowder Falls trailhead area. One big tree was across the road, cut up, but it was clear it was a doozy that fell. 

5 minutes ago, Jandurin said:

it's funny because Ji is the one who said that it had to be all or none

and he gets distressed when the models agree

ive lost 44 inches of snow today. Each model took me from 22-0 lol. Couldnt even get a reduction to like 13...just took it all away

DCA raked over coals as "unrepresentative station at sea level on runway; nobody lives on runways...". I dont think the boxes are on the runway but I do think some photos have been provided that are not the true location where the snow  measurement and temps are taken 

8 minutes ago, Tenman Johnson said:

DCA raked over coals as "unrepresentative station at sea level on runway". I dont think the boxes are on the runway but I do think some photos have been provided that are not the true location where the snow  measurement and temps are taken 

The snowfall measurements are undoubtedly taken at a dumb location too close to the building, but we know exactly where the temps and wind are.

http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/KDCA

Capture.thumb.PNG.44f20be7bb6579b77d250b3836b62cab.PNG

I am not saying this but that photo has been disputed with the treeline  and lack of clear visibility of water 

Former state climatologist Joe M says that location was a macadam parking lot and that it deteoriated and the equipment was placed there, the grass overtook the asphalt but it was never removed

even at 100% face value it is only a couple hundred feet off the runway and river.

i have some additional details based on visits to the office years ago but already enough bridges burnt in seeking DCA to become representative of the general area rather than representative of the specific spot upon which it May sit

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived