Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Ground real Saturated here...got 1.6" over that recent 3 day span.  It's been real  wet this month .Winds could do a number up  this  way if 50+ materializes. 

Used to love seeing the high winds. Not any more. Have several large pines on one side of the house and a huge oak (3-4 ft diameter trunk, 75-80 ft) on the other. Don't even want to consider the consequences if any of them came down on the house or addition. Have wanted to take them down for awhile but then my wife screams 'Tree killer' so thinking about it is as far as it goes.

• H2O pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Someones in a chipper mood today. :)

its March. I am down a pant size following a change in diet. I was selected to do PM training at work in a couple weeks. While I may miss out on some decent snow, all in all, I have no complaints. 

3 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Used to love seeing the high winds. Not any more. Have several large pines on one side of the house and a huge oak (3-4 ft diameter trunk, 75-80 ft) on the other. Don't even want to consider the consequences if any of them came down on the house or addition. Have wanted to take them down for awhile but then my wife screams 'Tree killer' so thinking about it is as far as it goes.

Not to mention it cost an arm and a leg to do it.  Believe me I know

25 minutes ago, Interstate said:

Not to mention it cost an arm and a leg to do it.  Believe me I know

If I am going to be honest that fact is what is stopping me and not being called a tree killer by my wife. :lol:

Had an estimate on the oak a quite few years back and I was looking at roughly $3000. Really don't want to know what it would cost me now. Problem with it is there is no way to get a lift/cherry picker back to it so it would have to involve scaling the tree. To further complicate it, it sits right on top of my house where almost half of it reaches over my addition. We are planning on selling in about 4 years so I am to the point where i might just let the new home owners deal with it and pray I don't have any issues before that time.

Well.......sky is getting very bright. I have officially given up on rain today with this storm. I'm resigned to the fact that I am smack dab in the middle of the Dry Slot, and I will be throughout the storm.

The winds will shred Dale City late tonight and tomorrow, but we are just too far south for rain.

We wont get another drop from this storm. I have given up on it, this storm just plain suck huge goat balls.

F***

6 minutes ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

It's weird man. They did the same thing with GOES satellite a few days ago. Govt is not this weak... ((everybody thinks they know))

i think they did that with GOES because they are launching the new one today. so probably needed to reshuffle things around a bit.

but probably unrelated to NWS radars being down. 

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

Anyone wanna take bets if school districts close due to wind tomorrow?

I actually was just about to post that question in here lol... would not be surprised... thought i want to see mattie g go off again lol -- he would argue about kids being blown away :lol: 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived