Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

After my post I called her to say I should have gone west and that next time I was going for the epic chase rather than the good one.

She said it was good to know that snow was more important than her and I responded by saying "I think my love for you speaks for itself." 

And with that...the first shots of what will be World War IV one day were fired. 

Let her know that you get 3 months a year to see snow; the other 9 months can be her's.

...on second-thought....

Where are you anyway?

7 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Fun event to attend to. Though kind of odd that for as little parking that there is at the stadium, there really isn't a very safe route for walking. 

Had a great time though!

Been to several Caps games over the years, I found it is MUCH easier to just stop at last Metro (GMU??) and hop on and go into town than fight trying to park in DC, even after 5 pm.

5 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Been to several Caps games over the years, I found it is MUCH easier to just stop at last Metro (GMU??) and hop on and go into town than fight trying to park in DC, even after 5 pm.

I should have been more clear. The game was at the naval academy stadium and the streets in that area are tight and not well-lit. Great event though!

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I should have been more clear. The game was at the naval academy stadium and the streets in that area are tight and not well-lit. Great event though!

oh, that is right, they had the outdoor game. I JUST got power back about 10 pm last night, almost 47 hours without......fun stuff.

13 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

oh, that is right, they had the outdoor game. I JUST got power back about 10 pm last night, almost 47 hours without......fun stuff.

That sucks. I just texted our friends two blocks down from here to come up for coffee and breakfast because they still don't have power. It's been about 42 hours for them so far.

I'm glad that things are getting back to normal for you.

10 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

That sucks. I just texted our friends two blocks down from here to come up for coffee and breakfast because they still don't have power. It's been about 42 hours for them so far.

I'm glad that things are getting back to normal for you.

Thanks! Well, not a lot of change, still worked and did what needed done. Ran generator about 4 hours each day to keep freezer and fridge cold. Already had two calls last night about cutting up some trees, so that will be Monday and Tuesday's fun after work. Highest wind I had was 51 mph, I've had stronger but guess the length of event is what got everybody. Maple festival in Highland county this weekend and next (10-11 and 17-18) I'll probably be a greedy thing and go both weekends lol. Always awesome food.

7 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Fun event to attend to. Though kind of odd that for as little parking that there is at the stadium, there really isn't a very safe route for walking. 

Had a great time though!

That’s awesome that you went! I loved the pre game festivities when they brought out the USA curling team to chants of USA, USA. We needed those 2 points since the Pens won and Flyers earned a point. 

12 minutes ago, nj2va said:

That’s awesome that you went! I loved the pre game festivities when they brought out the USA curling team to chants of USA, USA. We needed those 2 points since the Pens won and Flyers earned a point. 

Yeah, we won tickets and though they weren't the best seats, it was a blast to be there. And the curling team was really cool. I was all about that during the olympics. Even tried to have a gold medal game party, but I couldn't get any of my buddies to come over and watch at 1:30 in the morning!

As far as the Caps, I'm not sure what to make of them this year, but I like that they are not considered a big threat in the playoffs. Maybe not having that on their shoulders they'll play a little loose.

11 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Yeah, we won tickets and though they weren't the best seats, it was a blast to be there. And the curling team was really cool. I was all about that during the olympics. Even tried to have a gold medal game party, but I couldn't get any of my buddies to come over and watch at 1:30 in the morning!

As far as the Caps, I'm not sure what to make of them this year, but I like that they are not considered a big threat in the playoffs. Maybe not having that on their shoulders they'll play a little loose.

Re: the Caps, that’s exactly what I’m thinking, too.  They’re not going into the playoffs with the bullseye of a #1 seed and more importantly maybe that will take some pressure off the team, too.  I’d like to avoid the Flyers in the first round since they’re so dirty, though.  

14 hours ago, snowmagnet said:

This is Kildare, Ireland.  We can't get 2 inches and Ireland gets this.  I'm pretty sure they weren't prepared for it.  What a weird winter!

28378377_2181433475413075_9006553819940651008_n.jpg.06c2c1a465b2ef15bdfd306f26196c75.jpg

i want to say i really don't want that because while i love snow i'm not a huge fan of the weeks long mounds of snow and initial cleanup...

but who am i kidding.  and i have a jeep, so i get no excuses.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived