• Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, mappy said:

oh man, on maryland iMAP checking out close up topography. so beautiful

http://apps.esrgc.org/maps/md-lidar-viewer/#18/39.67449/-76.64758

by the way, i used to work at the place that made this, esrgc. :D 

you can see my pool

image.png.edcae61b14cc52b03f63a77426789251.png

Love the map. Shame it doesn't extend into PA where I can observe all the mountains around me that steal my snow.

22 minutes ago, H2O said:

this will be a week of Ji losing his shiit every 6 hours and mdecoy telling us how it won't snow no matter what.

Only every 6 hours? Nah, it's going to be every hour on the hour through next Sun/Mon.

51 minutes ago, mappy said:

Again, I will laugh if that happens. And wave at you while you reap others. 

Fun fact: when I was 14, my mother forced me to do dance. The end of the year recital, was to Mowton Philly, and me being the freakishly tall skinny teenager that I was, had a solo during it. Hilariously awful. I never did dance again. 

Had a country dance routine up on stage in 6th grade. If you can imagine a young prepubescent boy dancing with a girl that had already hit puberty well that was me. Looked like a mother son dance as she towered at least a foot over me.

I did square dancing in elementary school.

Fun fact.  There was a girl in my school that every boy was hot for.  Just to get her to say hi to you was a victory.  So I was asked if I wanted to do square dancing for a PTA thing.  i said sure.  guess who i was partnered with?  The most popular girl in the school.

The fun fact that it was Senator Trent Lott's daughter.

19 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Love the map. Shame it doesn't extend into PA where I can observe all the mountains around me that steal my snow.

yeah, sorry. PA doesn't have an interactive map that I have been able to find. Trust me, I have looked. Have two air force sites in western PA right now that I am working on and its been annoying trying to find good DEM data. 

I'm relatively new to PBP, but been on the board for a while...Should I just not do the NAM since everyone is just going to crap it??  I understand its bias and would never forecast to friends strictly  based off of it.  

My forecast..This remains a really tricky forecast and there is likely to be a sharp cutoff of a few inches of snow to nothing. Highest confidence remains along the PA line where anywhere between 3-5 inches is possible. Closer to metro Baltimore 1” is expected but the forecast could bust on either end. It all depends about the temperature. This begins around and after 7pm tonight...if the temperature can drop to 32-33F then accumulating snow becomes more likely for any specific area. Initially roads should just be wet will into the evening but closer to midnight and the overnight roads along the PA line may become covered and places along I83 and I95 going up into Harford May become slushed over. There may be a little bit of a break in the predawn hours tomorrow before the wrap around from the coastal low takes over and tries to throw some bands westward into the area from just after dawn into the early afternoon. This will be the wildcard on amounts...if the precipitation is heavy, then dynamic cooling could allow for the additional snow accumulations and hence the totals I mentioned above. But if the precipitation ends up lighter, it may just be a mix and won’t accumulate. This winter has been very difficult to forecast due to the northern stream dominant nature and “Miller B” type low pressure systems but this one is probably the hardest forecast yet.

3 minutes ago, T. August said:

Lwx’s cwa map looks hideous. Broken adv./watches lol.

well LWX implemented the new criteria for some counties, so they could allow for splits. I imagine it will fill eventually with WWAs later today. Especially if there is a chance for snow during the morning commute. 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

well LWX implemented the new criteria for some counties, so they could allow for splits. I imagine it will fill eventually with WWAs later today. Especially if there is a chance for snow during the morning commute. 

Yeah I know I just thought it looked funny with the Blue Ridge, split counties, and flooding advisories on the Bay. Odd colors

Oh, did they up NW Harford and Baltimore’s warning level to 6”? That would make sense.

4 minutes ago, T. August said:

Yeah I know I just thought it looked funny with the Blue Ridge, split counties, and flooding advisories on the Bay. Odd colors

Oh, did they up NW Harford and Baltimore’s warning level to 6”? That would make sense.

No still 5" but having the ability to split the warning zones helps. Sorry, that is what I was referring to. It use to only be Baltimore County that had it, but LWX recently implemented it for Harford, MoCo, HoCo, Frederick and Loudoun in VA. 

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

No still 5" but having the ability to split the warning zones helps. Sorry, that is what I was referring to. It use to only be Baltimore County that had it, but LWX recently implemented it for Harford, MoCo, HoCo, Frederick and Loudoun in VA. 

No you’re good I get it

3 hours ago, mappy said:

Again, I will laugh if that happens. And wave at you while you reap others. 

Fun fact: when I was 14, my mother forced me to do dance. The end of the year recital, was to Mowton Philly, and me being the freakishly tall skinny teenager that I was, had a solo during it. Hilariously awful. I never did dance again. 

lol, as long as you weren't cuffing your jeans you were probably ok.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived