March Banter

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jandurin said:

i was 12 when it came out so maybe i was just being a rebellious almost teen

i really liked all the parts that had nothing to do with family

ah yeah, i was 10, with two younger sisters, one who was four. so, i probably enjoyed it a lot more because of that. and now that i have a kid of my own, who has sat and watched the movie with me, it brings back all the feels. 

Just now, mappy said:

ah yeah, i was 10, with two younger sisters, one who was four. so, i probably enjoyed it a lot more because of that. and now that i have a kid of my own, who has sat and watched the movie with me, it brings back all the feels. 

Lion King doesn't hold a candle to the original 101 Dalmatians.:P (Guess my age is showing)

9 minutes ago, Mdecoy said:

Its ordinance. They are testing it on various structures. Honestly that's all the email said. I don't know anymore. But Its shaking the entire building. I am not personally doing it. Can't you imagine that? I'd blow myself up. LOL.

no, its ordnance. 

ordinance is like legislation. ordnance is forms of artillery. 

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

They blow stuff up here and sometimes it starts little fires, or sometimes they start little fires on purpose to prevent larger fires from starting (clearing dry brush).

cool. just perked my interest, since you know, i map UXO

32 minutes ago, mappy said:

ha, nice.  blockbuster was the spot.

it's kinda crazy to think that the current generation will never know what it's like without internet and cell phones.  back then you just never thought about these things as additions to your life.  it was just normal/natural to plan things at school and call your friends via landline.  all personal branding was done in person, not via the internet. 

44 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Lion King doesn't hold a candle to the original 101 Dalmatians.:P (Guess my age is showing)

I always loved Jungle Book too and thought it was underrated. Aside from Lion King, Toy Story was one of my big favorites back in the day.

28 minutes ago, 87storms said:

ha, nice.  blockbuster was the spot.

it's kinda crazy to think that the current generation will never know what it's like without internet and cell phones.  back then you just never thought about these things as additions to your life.  it was just normal/natural to plan things at school and call your friends via landline.  all personal branding was done in person, not via the internet. 

And Rodan & Fields hadn’t invaded the lives of our otherwise sane female friends.

1 minute ago, Fozz said:

There's a new one? I haven't seen the old one in years. Maybe I'll watch both some day.

the new one is live action. quite good. a bit scary in parts for a toddler, but good overall. 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

the new one is live action. quite good. a bit scary in parts for a toddler, but good overall. 

to be fair there was a live action one in 1994 also which i liked but a lot of people didn't

but yeah i was talking about the 2016 one.

1 minute ago, mappy said:

I can't believe I missed that. I'll watch that, and definitely the live action Lion King. 

I also saw the new Beauty and the Beast with my brother and sister for my birthday... that was really good.

11 minutes ago, Fozz said:

I always loved Jungle Book too and thought it was underrated. Aside from Lion King, Toy Story was one of my big favorites back in the day.

Jungle Book was another classic. Even enjoyed Toy story though I was an adult. Bet I have watched that 4-5 times and that was even without a kid present. :)

But if you are talking newer movies, Monsters Inc. is at the top of my list. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived