Newest Member
    Monty
March Banter

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It pains me to see the happiness of last night evolve into the despair of today. 

Yeah was definitely pulling for those further north of us to get into some fun.

BTW, you should have some sort of "Panic Warning" alarm on your index, because if this weekend fails....oh man, lol

1 minute ago, Jandurin said:

Not really. If this weekend fails we're basically donezo. No need for panic.

I guess Panic is the wrong term, but it should be a busy weekend for the reaper if it fails.

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

can we please stop attacking others who aren't happy with what snow they have gotten this winter? 

agreed, and the thing that gets annoying is that it happens the most during storms.  i'd rather read someone complaining then read someone complaining about that person complaining because then others chime in, and it just starts to ruin the vibe of the rare events we get to track.  that's probably my only gripe here over the years.  you get all hyped about a storm and then you have to read sourness.  i think bob's approach is best when it comes to that stuff...just ignore it.  people are going to vent here and there and if it gets out of control just let the mods clean it up.  #my2cents

also, radar is looking better lately for bmore north & east.

@clskinsfan mentioned the '87 Veterans Day storm in the midrange thread--that was indeed the greatest reverse bust ever IMBY. I was working that day, and was listening to WTOP all day as they kept raising the expected totals. They'd say 1-3" when there was already 3" on the ground, then 3-6", then 4-8", then 8-12". I think we got close to a foot in Chevy Chase.

28 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Can someone explain why people in Maryland put their wipers up any time it snows?  I mean for an ice storm I get, but why any time there's any snow, I see tons of people with their wipers up.  What does this accomplish?

Easier to scrape the snow and clear the entire windshield, including the botttom.

9 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Easier to scrape the snow and clear the entire windshield, including the botttom.

Right.  And I can do that when I scrape.  I just don't see why people put them up overnight, or heck, even today in the office parking lot, when there's little to no accumulating snow in the forecast.

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Right.  And I can do that when I scrape.  I just don't see why people put them up overnight, or heck, even today in the office parking lot, when there's little to no accumulating snow in the forecast.

It just saves you from having to first dig out the wipers to pull them up.  Why today?  Because everyone assumes that when they here snow in the forecast that it means they are getting a blizzard.  It's the same phenomnon that drives everyone to clean out the grocery stores.

Archived