Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

George BM

1 hour ago, Interstate said:

What about a top 20 team not even making it (St Mary's)

With all due respect to St. Mary’s, I don’t care about them, so I’m not really upset about it. That said, that’s pretty bulls**t because it’s indicative of the fact that the NCAA only really cares about the “power conferences.”

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, H2O said:

Everyone here today: weather is dumb

Day 10 storm on euro

Same people track and post for next week

Wash, rinse, repeat.

CMC has something too that timeframe.  I have no bullets or arrows left.  I am starving and holding a rock wearing a deerskin.. but I must continue to hunt until I die in a cave alone. 

1 minute ago, Cobalt said:

Just for kicks I was looking at IAD snow, and since 09/10, IAD has recorded 9 months with 10"+ of snow, while from 99/00-08/09, IAD recorded only 3 months with 10"+ of snow

#snowtown

And from 89/90-98/99, IAD recorded 5 such months. This means that in the past 9 years, IAD has recorded more 10"+ months than the previous 2 decades combined

Boom/bust comes with its benefits

1 hour ago, Cobalt said:

And from 89/90-98/99, IAD recorded 5 such months. This means that in the past 9 years, IAD has recorded more 10"+ months than the previous 2 decades combined

Boom/bust comes with its benefits

And every one of the snowiest months per decade (_9/_0-_8/_9 at IAD) has gotten snowier. Snowiest month in the 60s for IAD (starting with 62/63) was 24.2" in Dec 66. 70s was 27.6" (Feb 79), 80s was 28.8" (Jan 87), 90s was 30.9" (Jan 96), 2000s was 34.9" (Feb 2003), 2010s was 46.1" (Feb 2010). 

Isn't it crazy? Boston had it's #1 snowiest Decade (05/06-14/15), and we're kinda stuck here? Of course we have had more snow in this decade than the 2000s (even the 90s I think), but that's kinda absurd. LI has had above average snowfall the past 6 years too, and just about every year SE New England gets a KU event :axe:

I think I found where all of our snow goes

12 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Isn't it crazy? Boston had it's #1 snowiest Decade (05/06-14/15), and we're kinda stuck here? Of course we have had more snow in this decade than the 2000s (even the 90s I think), but that's kinda absurd. LI has had above average snowfall the past 6 years too, and just about every year SE New England gets a KU event :axe:

I think I found where all of our snow goes

SNE doesn't suck at snow like we do here. And they do well in Nina winters, while we suck more than usual.

That sound you hear is the fat lady singing.  Time to get ready to fail at severe season.  But before that, we must first endure week long periods of grey sky, very cool temps, drizzle, and no sun.  I said it in January I will say it again - I should have chased the beach blizzard.  Anyway, thanks for another year of insight into winter weather.  Y'all keep winter interesting year in and year out.  Let's get em' next year.  Just like the Terps basketball program.  Next year will be our year.  Or the year after.  Or...            

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived