Jan 2011

Jan 2014 (it counts)

Feb 2014

March 2014

March 2014

Feb 2015 (Feb 20th I think)

March 2015

Jan 2016

That's 13 in 9 years. Not too shabby. Of course many are in the same year, but this is only counting mainly DC/immediate NW burbs (extending to IAD). If we include the full list, far NW burbs down to the Eastern shore, then there are plenty more.

Dec 2010

March 2013

Later Jan 2014 (I think)

Feb 2015

Feb 2015 (again)

Feb 2016

Jan 2017

Dec 2017

Jan 2018

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

It'll be epic for sure. I think I'll save that day for the blizzard that's going to miss us next week though. 

Lol. I'm rehabbing my calf pull like crazy in hopes of saving my ski trip up there in 2 weeks. Looks like epic late season conditions. 

Were all teasing but the next 2 weeks doesn't look impossible. One reason this might of been suppressed was the blocking decided to hang around. I'm not crazy I know time is running out. But wouldn't  it be funny if we back door our way into a snowstorm in the first few days of spring after everyone gave up. 

12 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Funny you should say that, I was telling ERS earlier that I think the pattern's still really active the next week or two--I'm just not a believer it'll be (snow) active here. 

Of course, you and Mappy and Sparky and Showme are still in a spot where climo is your friend. You have that going for you. 

Even up here any big snow will require rates. But it's happened enough to not ignore a threat. In the 95 corridor there are only a few examples where more then a slushy accumulation happened this late. Even some 15"+ events in the nw areas were only a few of inches in the city. And it wasn't because the rain snow line just hard to get snow to stick in the uhi late march. Not impossible but post march 20 it's very hard. The 1940s example I give had epic rates from an inverted trough with convective banding. The qpf was off the charts. That's what it takes. 

falsehoods again from her.  My work email has been like this with the cursing filter it has on things
FarClosedAnhinga-max-1mb.gif&key=a8520a7ba6d081c80a0a43c21e1dd3869e3551c6b7c393eed6a6f5b1bfdc7d8c

She has been going OFF on winter for days since this last storm went into the outhouse

Lies! All of this lies!

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You need to post those emails so I have probable cause to reap her winter weenie soul. You will be given immunity if those emails reveal incriminating information. 

But only related to this forum. If you reveal evidence of criminality I won't can't help you there.  

The only way those are seeing the light of day is if Mueller himself requests them.  Even then I will dare him, not hand them over and get drunk while doing interviews on local cable news

5 hours ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

and 4 with. That's near climo imo

i don't know.  not a fan of these shutout winters.  growing up, 98 was like the first awful winter i experienced.  since records have been kept we usually don't get less than 5" in a winter more than once or twice a decade.  having potentially 4 is a problem.

2 minutes ago, 87storms said:

i don't know.  not a fan of these shutout winters.  growing up, 98 was like the first awful winter i experienced.  since records have been kept we usually don't get less than 5" in a winter more than once or twice a decade.  having potentially 4 is a problem.

Funny enough DCA has had more snow in the past 10 years (158.4") than their 10 year average (154"). That doesn't count DC crappy measurement and heat island stuff. Boom or bust at its finest

16 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Funny enough DCA has had more snow in the past 10 years (158.4") than their 10 year average (154"). That doesn't count DC crappy measurement and heat island stuff. Boom or bust at its finest

Same with IAD (248.1" vs 220"), and BWI (226.6" vs 201"). 

2 hours ago, Cobalt said:

Could be worse too. 98/99-07/08 had 126" of snow at DCA, while 88/89-97-98 had 123.5" (meaning 95/96 had over 1/3 the total snowfall of the 10 year period)

Coastal Massachusetts gets to enjoy 33 inches of fresh snow from this debacle. They also get 70 mph wind gusts. I hope those winds destroy their homes. I hope rogue 90 foot ocean waves smash them to smithereens. Fk'em. I HATE SNE and New England worse than ebola.

I'd be happy with 3 inches.

1 hour ago, Cobalt said:

Could be worse too. 98/99-07/08 had 126" of snow at DCA, while 88/89-97-98 had 123.5" (meaning 95/96 had over 1/3 the total snowfall of the 10 year period)

Also, IAD recorded nearly as much snow in the previous 10 years (248.1") as DCA recorded in the previous 20 years (249.5")

13 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Or if Mappy cuts a deal before you do.

To be totally honest, I am making all of it up.  If anyone complains via email about lack of snow it is me.  Mappy hasn't complained once and I'm just teasing using THE EMAILS as a joke that we've used before.

She's not one of those complainers and shouldn't get any grief or accused of doing that.  Not directed at you but just to the board in general.

13 hours ago, Cobalt said:

Yea that’s what I’m starting to not like lol.  4 crap winters is pretty unusual here. I’d rather it be less of the boom/bust variety.

1 hour ago, H2O said:

To be totally honest, I am making all of it up.  If anyone complains via email about lack of snow it is me.  Mappy hasn't complained once and I'm just teasing using THE EMAILS as a joke that we've used before.

She's not one of those complainers and shouldn't get any grief or accused of doing that.  Not directed at you but just to the board in general.

Okay, where is the real H2O and what did you do with him? Or does she have something on you making you back track?

RELEASE THE E-MAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been 6 months and you all are still stone walling. We need to get to the bottom of all this now. Or do we have to subpoena you both?

3 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Okay, where is the real H2O and what did you do with him? Or does she have something on you making you back track?

RELEASE THE E-MAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been 6 months and you all are still stone walling. We need to get to the bottom of all this now. Or do we have to subpoena you both?

*Grabs TV tray and loads it up with goodies waiting for the next round*

OH! Subpoenas you don't say?!?!?!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived