Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

It's very strange. It'll work first time no problem for some images and be a PITA for other images on the same website. Someone should get on that. 

Also, why am I not in Plymouth???

No, I have had the same issues as you. Don't know how often I have had to go back and get a different image/video. There is really no rhyme or reason to what it likes or not. At least that I can see. 

Plymouth rock is over rated. Salem up the coast is cool though. You should really go up there next week for our day 8 storm so you can gloat at all of us as we watch it miss us to the south and then to the east.

42 minutes ago, usedtobe said:

Gosh, I feel like complaining.  I hate the time change. Waiting and extra hour for the models to runn is a wasted hour....especially if I want to go fishing.   I'm not rooting for the March 22 storm. 

i love the time change because it gives me an extra hour to hit the bball courts after work, though with my knees the way they've been lately...might have to ramp up the biking.

i'm ready for warmer weather, but going into spring with a snowstorm feels right.  not looking for a blizzard though...unless we're getting one...then i'm in. lol

2 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

I wish we either already had enough snow this winter and this threat wouldn’t show up OR this would just verify. I don’t want to be checking models every 6 hours only to have nothing at the end. 

I should stop letting things that I don’t control effect my emotions...

Easier said than done for a hardcore weather weenie.

Hey everyone, so I'm taking a pretty big leap. I've been teaching physics for 15 years and decided to leave the classroom after this school year. I was going to start applying and interviewing closer to the end of the school year so that I can finish teaching the remainder of the school year. But, there's a huge incentive from our school system to let them know that you are leaving by April 1st. It's 35% of my sick leave in a payoff vs. 20% if I let them know after 4/1. For me, that's more than four weeks of pay. 

So, I decided to go for that early deadline, but that means I have announced that I am leaving with nothing lined up yet. Pretty scary feeling right now. I know a lot of you have talked about just going for a career change and it working out. Please feel free to remind me that it worked out for you :) 

9 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

Hey everyone, so I'm taking a pretty big leap. I've been teaching physics for 15 years and decided to leave the classroom after this school year. I was going to start applying and interviewing closer to the end of the school year so that I can finish teaching the remainder of the school year. But, there's a huge incentive from our school system to let them know that you are leaving by April 1st. It's 35% of my sick leave in a payoff vs. 20% if I let them know after 4/1. For me, that's more than four weeks of pay. 

So, I decided to go for that early deadline, but that means I have announced that I am leaving with nothing lined up yet. Pretty scary feeling right now. I know a lot of you have talked about just going for a career change and it working out. Please feel free to remind me that it worked out for you :) 

Of course since I've never had a job, and I have no advice, but I really hope it works out for you :)

8 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

i did that in 2009/10 (mostly because i got tired of traveling for work and had never really had a break since college).  i somewhat regret it but only because i burned through too much money.  aside from that, i ended up getting a job via connections.  it can work out and sometimes a break and/or career change is needed, though i advise being careful with money as it can really go quickly and you may look back with a little bit of regret there.  if money is a thang, then try to find a middle ground of relaxing but not taking too much time off between jobs.  that's my honest advice there.

what career path are you looking into?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived