Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yep, been going there since they opened the small location. Got too popular so they have a big one now. Love their food and service. Stokes is a newish wood fired pizza joint. Amazing pizza. The real deal wood fired oven with perfect crust and gourmet cheese and toppings. Cambridge is a weird town but I like it  well enough 

We will give Stokes a try one Friday night this spring. Thanks for the tip!

7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yep, been going there since they opened the small location. Got too popular so they have a big one now. Love their food and service. Stokes is a newish wood fired pizza joint. Amazing pizza. The real deal wood fired oven with perfect crust and gourmet cheese and toppings. Cambridge is a weird town but I like it  well enough 

Had a great pizza at Stoked last fall.  Just sort of stumbled upon it while driving around Cambridge. Was originally looking to eat at Carmela’s, but it was closed.

1 hour ago, Vice-Regent said:

To be blunt. Maybe it's easier for me to let go. Big snows no longer impress me and i've seen the damage and baggage that comes with region-wide blizzards. The Jan 2016 coastal gave Cape May it's highest tidal flooding - surpassing Sandy. As for why the big snows stopped happening locally it would appear that's a story for another time but unless some unforeseen negative feedback happens this region is destined to become a subtropical vacation spot in the winter.

Read some studies on how low solar enhances regional warming along the 75-80th Meridians due to changes in how heat is distributed but leads to cooling over the Pacific - and thus lower global temperatures overall. Small forcing with big implications so that means AGW has 4x the implications as it is a much larger forcing.

I've heard another side of the argument as well (stronger storms)...I'm not a "it's snowing so there's no global warming" guy, but....wouldn't it take decades to reach that point (if it actually does happen like that). Would I see it in my lifetime? (I'm 27, lol) And really, as I said before, this decade has seen more snow than the previous two. So while I don't disagree with global warming...is there any hard evidence that such would mean noticeably warmer winters for this region? At least it doesnt seem that way currently. Wouldn't we need to see more evidence to support that theory? (that is, it's effects for this region for the next 80 years, lol) 

I couldnt believe it when the one in OC closed. It was a family tradition for decades for many.

And some of the best fried chicken I've ever had.  Kettle fried!

I was sad to see it go too. We used to drive all the way up from 120th down to English’s, just to get chicken. It was down Home stuff. I’m still trying to find a good Eastern Shore Fried Chicken place. I know too many spots for great crabs and crab cakes. Good problem to have down that way.

19 minutes ago, wkd said:

I'm up in New Jersey and used to get pissed when they got so much more snow. It's a waste of time. Being further north and east they can't help but cash in a lot more. Anyway, their springs suck.

Truth!  In a month, this winter will be out of my mind.  I'll be out working in the yard, soaking up the long evening sun, then come inside to hear that NE got 4 inches of sloppy snow and I'll think that they can have it.

33 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I was sad to see it go too. We used to drive all the way up from 120th down to English’s, just to get chicken. It was down Home stuff. I’m still trying to find a good Eastern Shore Fried Chicken place. I know too many spots for great crabs and crab cakes. Good problem to have down that way.

1 hour ago, Tenman Johnson said:

I still think English fried chicken is the best I've ever had. I do not think they ever divulged the ingredients in the coating 

My first week-long vacation as a kid was at the Santa Maria on 16th St, and then we settled in at the Quality Inn on 17th St for vacations for several years.  Some great memories playing the Sunburst Mini Golf right there and eating English's chicken on the balcony.  Down home is a good description.

I am envious. I want to rid myself of fog and backdoor cold fronts in spring. Most years it's a tall order but I suspect times are getting better for severe wx. Tornado alley in the Piedmont versus the Deep South? We can make it happen. Snow leaves but another opportunity enters. We will make due.

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

Believe it or not Crab Bag has amazing fried chicken. We have been getting it there since English's closed. And like I said it is damn good.

13 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Believe it or not Crab Bag has amazing fried chicken. We have been getting it there since English's closed. And like I said it is damn good.

Not to mention their baked oyster selections!  We've always known the Crab Bag was there, but only just discovered what good food that they have.  I like the smaller upstairs area if I can get a seat at the bar, especially in the winter.

You know something, I’ve been to Crab Bag at least 10 times in my life and not once have I gotten the fried chicken. The sandwiches are outstanding, as well as their crabs, but never got the chicken. I think I know what I’m getting the next time I go there. Thanks!

Coming out now that St. Mary’s was offered games against tournament teams Creighton and Rhode Island, with Rhode Island being at home, and turned them down.  They made their bed, now they get to lie in it.  They can cry all they want about major teams with more losses getting in; they’d be below .500 with that schedule.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived