Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

George BM

1 minute ago, Roger Smith said:

But this system has promise, see those dew points streaming in from Texas today? Mid 60s, lots of juice available to this system if it can phase and overcome marginal tendencies.

I noticed that. Texas has had a lot of humid weather lately.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, mappy said:

Ignore it 

It's 's not a concern, I just thought the Festivus comment should be in banter (where the other stuff should be too). But hey, even good forecasters get flak, I mean look at DT and he's a pro doing this for a living. It all balances out. My back's still sore from the positive response to something else I posted the other day (not on here). Anyways, no worries, I don't mind hearing negative comments because it's a real response that indicates something you can use for self-improvement. And sometimes I suck. If these billion dollar computer models and sports superstars sometimes suck, why is anyone surprised if I suck? 

6 minutes ago, wasnow215 said:

Question- With Day light savings starting overnight does anyone know if Euro starts at its normal 1am time or will this 0z run start at 2am?

It will start at the normal z time, which I think is 0600z and last to 0700z. Your daylight saving time will change your clock but z time won't change. Not that this means anything to the question, but they don't change the clocks (they call it "summer time") over there for another week or two yet. So for a little while we are one less hour behind UK or Ireland time, in your time zone that means 4 instead of 5. 

56 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

We all know we're gonna pull a Dec 26th 2010. Big West trends tomorrow and then poof, nothing. Fitting end to the winter

Doubt there will be any big west trends. Snow potential area seems pretty locked in now- S and SW, and then more than likely NE gets plastered.

Hoping a storm will trend in our favor is nearly futile in a Nina for this area. Almost always manages to find a way to screw the MA- specifically the greater DC-Baltimore region.

Since it was referenced earlier, 

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 PM THIS EVENING/...
High pressure across the Great Lakes region looses its grip on the
area through today. Nevertheless, quiet conditions will continue
across the area. Winds will be light out of the northwest 5-10 mph
or less and temperatures will be a couple of degrees below normal.
Skies will begin mostly clear, but high clouds will increase through
the day.

18 minutes ago, mappy said:

So I’m done with this storm.. god speed to those of you still tracking. 

Long range looks good on gefs and EPS lol 

I'm half kidding. I'd rather we warm up but that looks like it's not an option for a while with the blocking pattern reloading in some fashion. If it's going to be cold and miserable we might as well get some late snow. 

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Long range looks good on gefs and EPS lol 

I'm half kidding. I'd rather we warm up but that looks like it's not an option for a while with the blocking pattern reloading in some fashion. If it's going to be cold and miserable we might as well get some late snow. 

I fully expect snow to cover the ground here one more time before we're done but man what a disgusting week starting with wednesdays fail. Due to work and other reasons I never got fully vested this winter until this week and what a let down. The hype with the major block roped all of us in.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived