Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

George BM

4 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

Wow, the storm mode thread cleared house.

Yep. Even if RIC is still in it and not DC, not much chatter. But that is because not many of us on here are from this area. Most models are showing snow for this part of the forum, but that does not mean a lock. Could end up not much of anything. Been there, seen it, done it. These type of systems in March always concern me due to thermal. A degree or two if rates are not there could mean a miserable cold rain. I would rather be sunny than cold rain and 34.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I remember when you started out on this journey, so young and full of hope, staying up for every model run. It was wonderful to see.

But as always, Winter is a vicious enemy that wears our bodies and breaks our spirit. Now, even the most hopeful among us languish in the pit of misery.

lol

I like to relate it to a rookie playing his first game in the NFL and getting the wind knocked out of you. Something like "welcome to the NFL", but for a Mid Atlantic Winter

I mean on paper, this winter was fun. Plenty to track in the long, medium range. Pretty sure I burned my retinas and permanently ruined my vision from this winter alone just by staying up for the Euro/EPS whenever I could (no seriously. I need prescription glasses now. Vision never bothered me before September. May have a family history of myopia, but I'll blame this for now). We were tracking a HECS for about 5 days. Can't imagine if that panned out. Don't think anyone would've cared about the rest of this winter if that had happened.\

But seriously, this may be one of the most infuriating winters in the history of this area. Remember when people were throwing around the 95/96 analog? Remember when the NAO was negative for most of November? Pretty sure that's why many got their hopes up.

I remember thinking to myself "how are we gonna have a bad year? I have 2.9" in the first week of meteorlogical Winter for crying out loud".

It was a fun ride though. Unless the UKIE is right, then om nom nom I can hear multiple people (including me) eating their words, but that's kinda unlikely, so we'll see.

1 hour ago, showmethesnow said:

Would really like to see an easier feature to delete attachments. This deleting one by one sucks. @Bob Chill did you by chance find an easier way?

Nope. Manually one by one. Considering the level of technology in our lives across the board nowadays....whatever software engineer designed this board lied on his resume or is related to Subtropics

I never cleared mine out. At one point I had unlimited storage so I literally have 1k+ attachments over the limit. Maybe when I retire....nah

Get a free account with imagur or whatever it's called. You can upload from your phone super easy and create a link then inbed it in less than 30 seconds or you can just drag and drop from a pc.  It's totally free. That's what I've been doing. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Nope. Manually one by one. Considering the level of technology in our lives across the board nowadays....whatever software engineer designed this board lied on his resume or is related to Subtropics

I never cleared mine out. At one point I had unlimited storage so I literally have 1k+ attachments over the limit. Maybe when I retire....nah

Get a free account with imagur or whatever it's called. You can upload from your phone super easy and create a link then inbed it in less than 30 seconds or you can just drag and drop from a pc.  It's totally free. That's what I've been doing. 

Thanks.

If you do ever decide to clear it out the best way I found was to use the control key and click on a bunch of the trash cans. A separate tab will pop up for each click so you will be dealing with multiple tabs at once ( was bringing up 10-12 at once). Then you can run those tabs in assembly line order and make fairly quick work of it. cleaned out half of my attachments in about 10-15 minutes.

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

We gotta hope these positive trends continue and we get to stage 2: worrying about time of day!    We'll get there!

God I hope so. I kind of wrote this off mentally last night.  Has a bad day. Work sucked and pulled a muscle and just said f it and went to bed early.  

Now if this sucks me back in only to end up another fringe job it will be even worse. 

Gotta admit the morning runs are...interesting. But damnit I fear another fringe job. I admit I'm gun shy given our recent results with this setup. 

14 hours ago, Sparky said:

We deserve better than this winter.

Here is the worst part...it wasn't a bad winter on a macro level. It wasn't a great pattern but not awful most of the season. We should have done ok. Everyone around us did. The reason that matters is I'm not sure having this crap year really increases the odds of a better one next year because it wasn't actually a bad winter we just were the local screwzone this year. It's not like 2002, 2008, 2012, 2017 when it was warm and below avg snow in large areas. So what it next year isn't great...lol 

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Fozz and psu - responding here so as not to derail the main thread - totally agree about the Boxing Day vibe from this. That was a really nice step but i sure want to see that low tuck in further if we are gonna pull this off once it hits the Atlantic.

Yea I moved over here too for that reason. I think I'm not in the right mental frame to be objective right now. So take this with a grain of salt. 

It depends is 12z was just a trend towards the final solution or the guidance finally seeing the solution. Trends can stop at any time. So yes things moved the way we need. If that northern stream trends west again next run. And the vort coming across from the west trends more amplified and in front vs trailing behind...then yes it's possible this works. 

I'm skeptical. This setup fails a lot more then the one we thought we had. And I'm gunshy. I don't want to get sucked back in only to watch ocean city and New York get another snow. Or worse even have it be closer and I'm still fringed. Remember I need 50 miles more then you all do also. 

So I see the potential but I also see the likely end result of one more painful fringe as a big storm nails the same places again. 

2 minutes ago, WhiteoutMD said:

just looked at the latest on the storm still a miss bummer snow falling will not do it in Morch we need a square hit meh

i almost don't even care about road accumulation etc.  this winter has been so lame that it would be cool to at least see several hours of legitimate snow tv.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived