Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s amazing how much posting dropped off when we went into storm mode lol.

its greatly appreciated

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

All hell will break loose at happy hour.

pretty much at the exactly the time i leave the office to drive home. there its a good hour where i cant look at the forum and thats when it goes to hell

Moving this to banter...

1 hour ago, yoda said:

Ah, thank you for letting me know.  And thank you for posting the two images of the CMC ENS above

No problem.  I'm generating them out of my own curiosity, so it's easy to share.

1 hour ago, cae said:

http://dd.weather.gc.ca/ensemble/naefs/grib2/raw

Right.  I've been using Panoply.  Not too hard once you get the hang of it.

1 hour ago, mappy said:

oh, nice you do have a link to them. wasn't sure. but i knew you were making them :)

In case this exchange confused anyone:  the above link is for the GEPS GRIB files, not the images.  You can open those in Panoply to see the maps.

Just now, Jandurin said:

chips dips chains whips, you know your basic high school orgy type thing

Only it’s virtual with a bunch of weenies.  18z is one of the most important runs in our lives.  Off hour or not this is huge.  If it’s further south than 12z...paranormal explosion... dogs and cats living together..chaos

19 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Only it’s virtual with a bunch of weenies.  18z is one of the most important runs in our lives.  Off hour or not this is huge.  If it’s further south than 12z...paranormal explosion... dogs and cats living together..chaos

I’m already sipping cold ones. I like to pre-game important model runs. All that talk about Millers early had me thinking beer...but good beer! I even think that’s part of our problem. It’s Miller A time!? That’s some BS right there. What we really need is a storm that’s craft brewed specifically for the DMV. Give me a Port City Colossal coming out of the Gulf of Mexico. 

So my point....drink up me hardy’s yo ho! 18z gonna deliver. I feel it. Though I can’t feel my toes right now. 

1 minute ago, Scraff said:

I’m already sipping cold ones. I like to pre-game important model runs. All that talk about Millers early had me thinking beer...but good beer! I even think that’s part of our problem. It’s Miller A time!? That’s some BS right there. What we really need is a storm that’s craft brewed specifically for the DMV. Give me a Port City Colossal coming out of the Gulf of Mexico. 

So my point....drink up me hardy’s yo ho! 18z gonna deliver. I feel it. Though I can’t feel my toes right now. 

just keep the drinking banter here ;) 

The weenies I work with have been buzzing all week about a big snowstorm on Monday.  I have heard a foot mentioned more than once.  On Wednesday, I was asked if I thought we would have a heavy snowfall.  I said no.  I was asked again this afternoon and I said I haven't seen anything to change my mind.  Judging by their reaction it isn't a popular opinion, with one person suggesting I didn't know what I was talking about.  I pointed them to the NWS forecast.

Its hard to go against my rooting interest, and I qualified it by saying I really hope I am wrong.  Didn't seem to matter based on the grumbling, lol. 

Forecast discussion from Mt. Holly is (as usual) better than the Sterling discussion.

Mt. Holly

Important to note, we often see forecast models trend north and
west with a storm a couple days before impact and if this were
to happen in this case, precip would be heavier and expand
farther north/west with accumulating snow possible along the
I-95 corridor. Again, too close to call right now. This will
hinge on how strong the high to our north is and how quickly it
breaks down and this should becoming clearer with subsequent
forecast updates through the weekend.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived