Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

George BM

9 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah its on crack. Get the homework done. You will have school every day next week. I will put money on it.

listen, i do appreciate the fun poked at me because i am still in school, but no need to do it everytime i post please, it's starting to get a little tiresome. This is not the HomeworkWx forums. This is AmericanWx.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WeathermanB said:

listen, i do appreciate the fun poked at me because i am still in school, but no need to do it everytime i post please, it's starting to get a little tiresome. This is not the HomeworkWx forums. This is AmericanWx.

You put it on yourself by talking about school closings in your first hundred posts or so. I'm younger than you & I don't think I've mentioned my own school before. It's just something that you should keep in your private life, unless someones asks about it, or if it's brought up. 

Just now, Cobalt said:

You put it on yourself by talking about school closings in your first hundred posts or so. I'm younger than you & I don't think I've mentioned my own school before. It's just something that you should keep in your private life, unless someones asks about it, or if it's brought up. 

What? You're younger than 15?? 

Just now, WeathermanB said:

It's nice to have young weather enthusiasts on AmericanWx forums. It does take a little while to get used to the forums, though. 

I see that, but you gotta realize there are many experienced folks on this board who should be listened to. You gotta also realize there are lurkers who come on so they know about future potential weather events, so it isn't like it's just a bunch of weather weenies talking among each other. 

Having a few younger weather enthusiasts here is fine. I have no issue with it. Cobalt has improved a lot since his early posts. WeathermanB, you still have some work to do. The NE forum debacle should signal your low point. Try harder. Put more thought into your posts. And remember, you dont have to post. Sometimes I start to make a post, then I think better of it if I dont feel it really adds much to the discussion. Show some restraint.

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I love seeing the youth movement here :) 

Those first few months of posting are always a bit rough. What matters is that you learn from your inevitable mistakes. As @C.A.P.E. will attest, we're an old and salty bunch. We'll help you get better by carrot or stick :P 

I think it especially helps that this year was a sucky one. If every event came easy I don't think I would have adjusted better. 

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I love seeing the youth movement here :) 

Those first few months of posting are always a bit rough. What matters is that you learn from your inevitable mistakes. As @C.A.P.E. will attest, we're an old and salty bunch. We'll help you get better by carrot or stick :P 

Yeah most of us sucked at first. Probably the ones who lurk and just read and learn for a while end up being the most polished early on. But thats just not how most weather weenies roll :lol:

Yeah I’m fairly young too (17). When I first started posting here I was called out often. I was 15 at the time. But I would like to think I have improved since then. Sometimes it really does help to read more and post less. At first I took it as an insult when someone told me that but I realized when you don’t have much to add to the discussion, you really should be reading more and learning. I learned a lot about weather from reading some of the posts here. And I’d think eventually once I become more knowledgeable I will be able to add more to the discussion in the future and be able to post more.

1 hour ago, Philadelphia Snow said:

Yeah I’m fairly young too (17). When I first started posting here I was called out often. I was 15 at the time. But I would like to think I have improved since then. Sometimes it really does help to read more and post less. At first I took it as an insult when someone told me that but I realized when you don’t have much to add to the discussion, you really should be reading more and learning. I learned a lot about weather from reading some of the posts here. And I’d think eventually once I become more knowledgeable I will be able to add more to the discussion in the future and be able to post more.

I think we all add to the forum in different ways...I know enough to make me dangerous but I’m still confused AF interpreting some of our setups so I know when to let the pros post and explain things.  This place would be pretty boring if the same 10 people posted in every thread on here so I welcome and enjoy when we have either new people or others who don’t post much adding to the discussion in meaningful ways — whether thats in the model discussion, banter, observations, etc.  

This place can be a little too uptight at times :)

Teenagers posting here are fine. I think they just need to remember that stepping into a room full of adults in real life would mean they are probably not going to spout off whatever they’re thinking, uninvited. Just because this is an online “room” doesn’t change the fact that it’s a few teenagers amongst adults.

The most successful teenage poster right now- Cobalt- has figured out how to mimic the way that other prolific but more helpful posters here post. Cobalt’s like an eager intern doing solid research and about to be extended a full-time job. Another poster around the same age is treating the board like just another social media platform. 

4 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Well on the bright side, it can only go downhill from here.

Im kidding.

Sort of.

I'm mentally prepared for Ji to post tomorrow saying "1 step forward, 3 steps back", and "next!". Really hopeful that I wake up with 10+ new pages & wes and Ian popping in

4 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

I'm mentally prepared for Ji to post tomorrow saying "1 step forward, 3 steps back", and "next!". Really hopeful that I wake up with 10+ new pages & wes and Ian popping in

I didn't check the forums until now and there were around 20 new pages in the thread, knew something good had to have happened.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived