joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To lighten the mood a bit here...I'm just thinking of the best lines from folks posted here this season that I've found the funniest:

1."I have a long thermometer" (can't remember who said this but it was hilarious. @psuhoffman who was that?)

2. "I think the dumbangle has been a far bigger problem around here lately than the sun angle "--@Bob Chill 

3. "DC snow was 150% climo in 32-33. I'm in. Kaboom"--Bob Chill (this one was from September...not winter-related, but still hilarious)

These are just a few lines...I'm sure there will be more to come, lolol

37 minutes ago, Jandurin said:
38 minutes ago, nj2va said:
The storm worry thread is depressing to read.  Here’s to a better 00z suite.

I'm just glad it's a real storm and not grasping for 2"

Same here.  Oddly enough I’m totally okay (and sort of expecting) my backyard to see 0” of snow from this.  Tracking is a lot of the fun for me.  

i'm hoping this isn't one of those deals like jan 2010 where it's bad until the last minute, but it would be very 2017/18 winter-ish.

the nam can bust even at 12 hour leads, so maybe this is just one of those storms where it's just too early to know.  would be ridiculous if this ends up being a fish storm in mid-march.  0z will be interesting.

3 hours ago, Philadelphia Snow said:

I checked just now there is a pin missing on the side that is not working along with the bolt.

Have a better solution....   Buy an old Gravely walk behind with the snowblower attachment and have a REAL snowblower that will last you for decades.  Have two Gravelys manufactured in 1962 and 1969 and both are still running strong.  Gravelys don't need no stinking shear pins which are the Achilles heal of many modern snowblowers.  Instead of shear pins, Gravely's use a wet clutch setup to protect the mechanicals in the event you ingest something into the augers.  That said, I chucked a brick with my 62 Gravely and Snow Cannon setup once - barely skipped a beat.  Threw the brick about 50 feet and fortunately didn't hit anything.

When you replace the shear pin, pay attention to the orientation between the two augers.  Some shear pins can be installed with the auger half in one of two orientations - 180 degrees apart.  One orientation is correct, the other isn't.  For best performance on most two stage snow blowers you want the two augers to be out of phase with each other (mounted asymmetrically on the auger shaft).  That ensure the snow is introduced into the impeller smoothly.  If your snow blower is a single stage design, then the augers are in phase with each other (mounted symmetrical on the shaft). 

1 minute ago, Jandurin said:

?

It shouldn't be allergies, right?

Nope not for me. I get a different type of headache with allergies. That will come. This is that headache behind the nose and in the back of my neck/head with plugged ears. The pressure in my head is probably greater than the Barometric pressure outside right now. :) Have been dealing with it since January. I over the years have gotten sensitive to slight pressure changes so all these lows coming in back to back make for a painful time.  Just busted out a cup of tea and letting it steam my face while I drink it. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived