Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Blizzard 2018 Take II: The Firehose

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

37.3F light rain.  temperature still rising.   Highway dept finished plowing the hills.  Will we flip to snow?  Too far north to add to our 3.25" from earlier...

Looks like DAW and LCI are on the backedge now although some rain is regenerating. Up to 36.7F here and the ~3/4" has been wiped out. 0.36" so far.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Ive never seen this happen around here Spanks. There isnt a micro climate around here that can contribute to such a gradient besides just being uber unlucky at the moment. I think it crashes very soon though.

I might have to take a drive down the road...it is a pretty crazy gradient. My temperature has started to fall over the last 30 minutes, so maybe it is coming. We are down to 35.7 now, it was almost 39 a little while ago...

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

MY guess is it starting snowing on Mt Tolland prob between like 2-3pm...gotta latently cool the boundary layer from about 2500 feet downward.

It does seem like some warmer air in the boundary layer has wrapped into the circulation. Temperatures have been increasing in most of central and eastern CT since this morning. 

Archived