• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu

Blizzard 2018 Take II: The Firehose

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I was looking and wondered if the flip to paste was happening? That looks like a smooth snow look

It does - except it is warming below that level. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I was looking and wondered if the flip to paste was happening? That looks like a smooth snow look

It's still close to 40F at the surface. So probably not.

MY guess is it starting snowing on Mt Tolland prob between like 2-3pm...gotta latently cool the boundary layer from about 2500 feet downward.

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

So it reminds you of your ex girl? 

Crazy how you climb rte 7 from Norwalk/Wilton towards Danbury its another world. 

:lol:

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Weenies across face till red?

Bright, bright red

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

MY guess is it starting snowing on Mt Tolland prob between like 2-3pm...gotta latently cool the boundary layer from about 2500 feet downward.

That’s about what NAM and Reggie showed 

Looks like the WaWa webcam has large snowflakes mixing in. So that def confirms the CC on dual pol eroding.

4 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

37.3F light rain.  temperature still rising.   Highway dept finished plowing the hills.  Will we flip to snow?  Too far north to add to our 3.25" from earlier...

Looks like DAW and LCI are on the backedge now although some rain is regenerating. Up to 36.7F here and the ~3/4" has been wiped out. 0.36" so far.

Absolutely howling here.  Just had a couple gusts that must have been 50+, which is about as high as it gets here.  going to be a long afternoon/night if it gets much stronger

Edit:  Yes Bob...strongest winds by far.  

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Ive never seen this happen around here Spanks. There isnt a micro climate around here that can contribute to such a gradient besides just being uber unlucky at the moment. I think it crashes very soon though.

I might have to take a drive down the road...it is a pretty crazy gradient. My temperature has started to fall over the last 30 minutes, so maybe it is coming. We are down to 35.7 now, it was almost 39 a little while ago...

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It does seem like some warmer air in the boundary layer has wrapped into the circulation. Temperatures have been increasing in most of central and eastern CT since this morning. 

3 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I might have to take a drive down the road...it is a pretty crazy gradient. My temperature has started to fall over the last 30 minutes, so maybe it is coming. We are down to 35.7 now, it was almost 39 a little while ago...

Drive

Go up and west!

Up to 19" here now.  I saw 22" in Westkill...which is an elevated valley a bit southwest of Hunter. Probably a few more inches fell since then. Also 22" in Richmondville in central Schoharie county.

36.9F in Barre, MA.  There was constant wind all morning and then the last hour or so has had times of complete calm and then fits of non-stop window for a minute or so.

Raining pretty good, with maybe a stray flake thrown in here or there for good measure.