Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning fellow weenies.
Excitement about last night's Euro + eager anticipation FTL for sleep.

Aside from the major CF and wind impacts, going to be a long fun afternoon of watching for the mix and flip.

I take it Box stayed conservative despite the Euro.

As posted last night, I'm thinking 4-8 in Boston metro, taking into account a flip around 20z-22z and 8:1-10:1 ratios.

Today watching among many other things upstream obs for earlier cooling and guidance on the duration of firehose.

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

This will prob get buries,  it does anyone have a link to Ray’s November outlook?

Don't know  why I can't click around the site to find it, but he has nailed every single aspect of this winter and did back then; Early, Christmas Day, KU between December 24 - January 8, Crap after the 8th, Crap February, Great March with a possible good one in early March.  

Check Check Check Check.  

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Those models ending it early are going to be wrong. Slow moving LP..Can toss

Will's rule of they always hang on 6-8 longer than modeled.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

34.3 I can smell flakes to my NW lets go!

Is it mixing with sleet there?  It is here..don't know if we'll flip completely any time soon...but didn't expect sleet in the mix at 8 am.

I don't know Kev...All media outlets say this is over by 10:00Pm-12:00 midnight the latest for CT...I always take the early times cuz these storm always end early.  Unless this hangs around longer..we'll see??  Way out east, sure it'll be a lil longer cuz there closer to low center.

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Even to BOS not long afterwards!

Is this at about 3:00 PM for those of us who aren't sure whether Greenwich is 5 hours ahead at this time of year, or six hour ahead.

Oh yeah, HMIMBY. Located at 700' in Worcester. Oh yeah, one more thing, how much less will they get at 500' downtown. Just pulling chains here. It really is quite an interesting storm.

Archived