• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
moneypitmike

The "We Won't Have Any More Snow in February" February 17th Event

1 minute ago, EastonSN+ said:

Guarantee Bridgeport reports a bogus 2 inches or something. They always under report.

No way - they've been great for a few years now!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

There is an awfully lot of dry air though out ahead of the main ULL. I wonder if as the ULL moves east if we'll see a re-blossoming of the precipitation shield once it interacts further with the sfc low?

I would expect that to happen.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I would expect that to happen.

Thank that makes sense. It's really cool watching the water vapor imagery on the experimental GOES 16. You can actually see a regeneration of the moisture plume off to the SW and it looks like the dry slot will work well to our NW. I think the steep lapse rates will also work to help give a boost to some heavier rates overnight. 

I was really shocked at what transpired though over the past few hours. I didn't envision things evolving the way they did. Even if the majority of CT would get 5-8'' of snow I think technically my forecast would be wrong b/c of how I said things would transpire and for what reason 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Would not be surprised to see some double digit reports.

Down near UUU/EWB look like they are getting destroyed at the moment

Feb17_10pmRadar.gif

5 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

2.5", moderate snowfall,  29F.

Oh' wow,  you are in a good snow growth zone right now.    

Pounding snow here but terrible snow growth, about .75" of absolute sand.  Should have good staying power though! 

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Oh' wow,  you are in a good snow growth zone right now.    

Pounding snow here but terrible snow growth, about .75" of absolute sand.  Should have good staying power though! 

May last until 1pm!

• Like 1

HRRR just went wild for E MA and far S ME where Scooter is out on the town tonight drinking cosmos.

Tries that exit-stage-right burst of intensity. Cape Ann gets destroyed actually for the jackpot....but everyone inside of 495 up to the Pope in SE NH and Scooter in S ME is good for another 4-7". Possibly more with good ratios.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

HRRR just went wild for E MA and far S ME where Scooter is out on the town tonight drinking cosmos.

Tries that exit-stage-right burst of intensity. Cape Ann gets destroyed actually for the jackpot....but everyone inside of 495 up to the Pope in SE NH and Scooter in S ME is good for another 4-7". Possibly more with good ratios.

Reading this as I park at my friend's on the Abington, South Weymouth line...