Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Keeping :weenie:'s dreams alive, one post at a time.  

I feel like some previous events have been given up on too early this season...or "meh'd" to death at 96-108 hours in a general perception of more certainty than actually existed...this one doesn't look awesome right now, but there is definitely an envelope of solutions on the ensembles that give a pretty good event.

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I feel like some previous events have been given up on too early this season...or "meh'd" to death at 96-108 hours in a general perception of more certainty than actually existed...this one doesn't look awesome right now, but there is definitely an envelope of solutions on the ensembles that give a pretty good event.

Definitely saw that with the 1/4 event earlier this month.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm on siesta until 72hrs out.

31 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Very True.  In fact I think just about every event we had this year was given up on at some point in the tracking.... probably at that crucial point you pointed out.  

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Very True.  In fact I think just about every event we had this year was given up on at some point in the tracking.... probably at that crucial point you pointed out.  

Well as long as people are clear about saying this threat doesn’t look good on models right now and then just completely giving up because they’re emotional.  There is a difference. I mean, it would be irresponsible to say a major snowstorm is coming just because of the so-called trend this year. 

18 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

This past Monday/Tuesday ice event way over-performed out here from what i heard....i wasn't around of course.  I feel like Tippy was the only one to call that.  

There’s no relationship though.  Models under called the bottom of the column.

Archived