Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think it was originally the Schwartz Synoptic Seven....I have no idea how Kevin came up with it, but that was the original term.

It was your Nogaps, Euro, Nam deadly combo. What triggered it was when you posted that when the Nogaps was NW that it was likely coming. I just threw out a term for it lol

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

It was your Nogaps, Euro, Nam deadly combo. What triggered it was when you posted that when the Nogaps was NW that it was likely coming. I just threw out a term for it lol

The NAVGEM has been exceptionally good this winter on the notable storm systems but it’s still generally had a slight east bias on most of the them.  It’s 12Z run today was pretty wide right so it’s fairly close to most other guidance at the moment other than the ICON

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Why do we have more French...That’s pretty dead nuts with euro.

500 h across the globe is meh when dealing with sensible weather locally.  Ex Scooters EPS cutter now a Fropa on all models but 5H probably better handled on the Euro in the Northern Hemisphere.  

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

500 h across the globe is meh when dealing with sensible weather locally.  Ex Scooters EPS cutter now a Fropa on all models but 5H probably better handled on the Euro in the Northern Hemisphere.  

Funny thing I used to speak fluent French as a kid but I lost it...so I didnt know that was global h5. But still, pretty pretty good.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I thought that the pics Steve posted screamed danger.   Some chances but cutters also.

Like I said plaing with fire at 5 h but 850 and 2m suggests its a cold atmosphere. Should be fun. Scooter has to make that post every time but nobody should ever think 2015 will be seen again but rather this than a one eyed pig. I also again think like I did in Dec models are keeping energy too far SW. We will see that correction show up next week

Archived