Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, dryslot said:

That system next weekend on the GFS is LOL tastic

image.png.356e4194f6b113ffcd40bef7b0c6da08.png

That asshat elongated stretched out POS look has been a constant this season on the LR modelling this season.....it doesn't end up that way but there is something making the models stretch and shred systems as they turn the corner in our neighborhood.....just an anecdote but its a look that has bothered me all season........the look is irritating and a symptom of a larger problem with the season where it can't seem to figure out how to produce a decent snowpack........

8 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Because we go through this every year. Weenies getting upset things aren’t coming as scheduled because of polluted posts like Kevin’s about changes coming by exact dates or sooner rather than later. This may not be an abrupt slip into deep winter with no respite. We may yo yo for a bit too. 

To be fair you’re the only long range guy I’ve seen that isn’t thinking a sustained period of cold and snow in Feb. You may well be right about cold mild cold mild. We'll see.

33 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

To be fair you’re the only long range guy I’ve seen that isn’t thinking a sustained period of cold and snow in Feb. You may well be right about cold mild cold mild. We'll see.

I didn’t say that. I said be prepared since we are on the edge...:it may not be all winter. That’s quite the ridge off the E coast. I’m not a huge fan at the moment until the ridge out west nudges east a bit. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I didn’t say that. I said be prepared since we are on the edge...:it may not be all winter. That’s quite the ridge off the E coast. I’m not a huge fan at the moment until the ridge out west nudges east a bit. 

That ridge is what will help Monday/ Monday nights snow back in 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

So what you are saying is that there will be a parade of Day After Tomorrow like blizzards?  or am I misinterpreting something? 

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I love the 180 hour jackpot off a 6z run, ha.  Start at 18-24" and can go up if needed.

Lots of chances but need to get one inside of 4 days.  Euro at Day 8-10 looked prime for an event too.

We all know that won't verify that way anyways, But just for the shear entertainment purposes of the map.....................lol

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like back to a warmup cutter next weekend. Shades starting to close again. No more bites wolfie.

No bites here Scott...I'm fine with things...and have been.  When winter returns, it returns.   Let's see what happens tomorrow when this comes on shore, if still a dud so be it.  N. Maine is still looking good...that's important to me for sledding so I take comfort in that.  

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

No bites here Scott...I'm fine with things...and have been.  When winter returns, it returns.   Let's see what happens tomorrow when this comes on shore, if still a dud so be it.  N. Maine is still looking good...that's important to me for sledding so I take comfort in that.  

They scored bigly this past week up there.

Archived