• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

Not for not ...this next 10 days is rife with potential.  

it's going to be interesting seeing how it all unfolds.   I don't see a slow moving bomb anywhere.  The flow is too fast in the gradient saturation everywhere, but, the N-S amplitude is there, so you end up with fast moving larger pwat systems that have the benefit of tapping the deep south air.  

GGEM has a 24 ice storm after three days later for what it's not worth... 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Not last March?

Good point. Both were borderline. BOX probably would've had an issue with it. CON and MHT had many lulls with gusts under 30mph, but LCI had an impressive stretch for our standards. I had some big gusts, but we couldn't sustain it for 3+ hours...they would come in 10-15min waves and then relax a bit. Almost like gravity waves.

39 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Its  additional waves along a slowed front, anafrontal eh not so much, sure its after the front but its waves traveling along the front

index.png

Same principles apply...tough to recover much baroclinicity near the coast so quickly after a frontal passage...it can happen, sure.

Worked out a couple of years ago.

It'll be interesting to see if the Euro shows some interest today for Monday??

At work I can only pop in on breaks and quickly in between classes, but if the post count goes up by 50-75 posts in an hours time...that's usually a good barometer that the Euro showed something interesting.  If the post count is only up 10-15 posts in an hours time after 1:00 pm...you know it's not good news.   

so much for the shade closing, huh ... 

this is an interesting one for early next week.  we've been hitting the following conjecture points all week but they're still valid; the governing mechanics have yet to relay into the denser/physical sounding domain, and there's always that potential this thing morphs stronger(weaker) when that happens.  Though, in this scenario, I "think" it will tend stronger - and not just for being a storm honk either.  

The reason I think so is purely speculative ...but say if virtually all those wave mechanics have been for the last couple days ...threading through the shadowy sparse regions of the Pacific:  Humorously ..it is as though it's avoiding detection.  Anyway, I wonder if the presentation that we are seeing so far in the last couple days are based upon interpolation entirely; and interpolation smooths. Suddenly it comes in, gets sonded and then you dig that much more in the east. 

It just doesn't sit well that like ...all of it is in the shadows out there.  

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The whole trough axis is to far east.

I'm not seeing that. Longwave UL ridge axis and UL trough axis looks to be in good position. The problem is the progressive flow over the east coast, and little downstream UL ridging...

In fact, run to run, the PNA ridge continues to track west on guidance.

It should also be noted that the 12z euro shows two disturbances at 96 hr, developing the lead one rather than the trailing wave. This aspect can easily change going forward...Ideally everything would be consolidated once the system is off the SE coast, resulting in a stronger system closer to the coast...

Archived