SnowHabit
January 12-14 Kitchen Sink Storm Discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Gonna need more than that.

Still possible, but running short on time.

Well gfs is awful w 2 temps, im liking that its pinning model track over S coast.

Im ice on the nam and pretty damn much there on gfs giving track and its issues W Thermals.

I wanna see euro track along s coast now 

(Ukie and cmc) look Crappy To me but Trend...

Def a pretty uncertain forecast....I was looking at the SREFs...and yes, I know they are well outside any useful range...but the ARW members which are typically all amped up to Ottawa have a massive spread...some are frigid and some are really amped.

Same can be said for the GEFS and EPS...pretty large spread. I think we still need a lot of help down in SNE...esp outside of N ORH county over to MPM....but it's still plausible we get some decent wintry precip...even if it waits until midday Saturday.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Def a pretty uncertain forecast....I was looking at the SREFs...and yes, I know they are well outside any useful range...but the ARW members which are typically all amped up to Ottawa have a massive spread...some are frigid and some are really amped.

Same can be said for the GEFS and EPS...pretty large spread. I think we still need a lot of help down in SNE...esp outside of N ORH county over to MPM....but it's still plausible we get some decent wintry precip...even if it waits until midday Saturday.

Foxboro Miracle. 

Jeez,  Im like a lost puppy without AMWX.   Kept checking it today.  Interesting trend for me up here in Central New England.  Slight changes mean big differences in sensible weather.  The trend is definitely colder.  I guess the question for me up here in North Dendriteland is the second wave mostly freezing rain or do I get into sleet or even snow?

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

Jeez,  Im like a lost puppy without AMWX.   Kept checking it today.  Interesting trend for me up here in Central New England.  Slight changes mean big differences in sensible weather.  The trend is definitely colder.  I guess the question for me up here in North Dendriteland is the second wave mostly freezing rain or do I get into sleet or even snow?

I'll bet you get some sleet/snow out of this. But the obvious question is when that happens. It could end as a couple hours of it or most of Saturday could be snow/sleet. This will also affect how much ZR falls there as the counter to the colder scenario.

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

One more bump and it’s an icestorm most of interior SNE that ends as snow and Pats play in snow 

Gawd I hope you're right.  Last thing we need right now is a pack wiping rain.  

Is this trending to mostly frozen for the North Country?  Hopefully still get some skimobiling in. 

Friday is still a wash out though.  I find it hard to believe we hit 50s for two days, then the next day to go ZR when the ground and trees and everything is all warmed up. 

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'll bet you get some sleet/snow out of this. But the obvious question is when that happens. It could end as a couple hours of it or most of Saturday could be snow/sleet. This will also affect how much ZR falls there as the counter to the colder scenario.

Thanks for your insight!

Archived