joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No worries - I wasn’t assuming anything based on your post. More me opining than anything.
Yup...B and K are only a month or so apart, right? My wife is a freelance editor, so she stays at home, and B didn’t go to preschool until last year. She had her own periods of getting sick prior to preschool, but it’s definitely happened more since she started preschool. olds mostly, but things like stomach bugs and other random stuff have popped up here and there, but many of them not bad enough to cause too much of an issue.
With the baby, especially given the amount of sickness that’s been floating around this season, we’re being extra careful. She has plenty of time to get sick when she’s bigger and stronger, but until then we’re doing all we can to keep her healthy! Fingers crossed, knock on wood and all that!

Yeah K is a late December baby.

I agree about being extra careful. Told K to do the same when I heard about the stomach bug. No hands in mouth, wash them often, and don’t touch other kids hahaha.

did you miss the part where i said i was kidding?  also, for someone who lives off of snark and cramping people's enthusiasm during a snowstorm, i'm not convinced you should be advising others on how to act.  didn't we already go through this before?  i get along with pretty much everyone here except you.  i don't find you to be a particularly friendly online presence.

That’s fine. You don’t have to like me.

Also, please read the message I sent you regarding the original topic. Thanks

Are these pop up adds at the bottom of the page here to stay? I can't even click on latest replies for whatever reason. I have to refresh the page. Very annoying!! On the other hand, maybe it's telling me I need to take a vacation!! The add that keeps popping up is a " LASTMIN-FLIGHTS.com. Not a bad idea, but still annoying!

8 minutes ago, mappy said:

That’s fine. You don’t have to like me.

Also, please read the message I sent you regarding the original topic. Thanks

I have nothing against you or anyone here, to be honest.  Words can be misconstrued online and I probably overreacted.  I got your PM and replied.  We're good.  We're all just hear to chitchat weather (and banter)...now let's get ourselves a snowstorm.

9 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

That was the july 4th with low 50's dews and clear blue skies at sunset right? Best July 4th I can ever remember. People were wearing jackets. lol

Yep.  Mid 70s high, refreshing NW wind, and DP in the 40s.  By firework time people were huddled under blankets.  I believe the low hit the upper 40s out here.  It was like a dream; an early-fall day in the heart of the normally-brutal summer heat.  And that wasn't the only continental air intrusion; most of the summer was very temperate.  

1 minute ago, ATreglown said:

Are these pop up adds at the bottom of the page here to stay? I can't even click on latest replies for whatever reason. I have to refresh the page. Very annoying!! On the other hand, maybe it's telling me I need to take a vacation!! The add that keeps popping up is a " LASTMIN-FLIGHTS.com. Not a bad idea, but still annoying!

Try using a sort of ad blocker. There are plenty, and I haven't seen a pop up since then. If you're viewing on mobile, Tapatalk is pop up free as far as I've seen. 

2 hours ago, ATreglown said:

I gave in and downloaded AdGuard for my iPhone. Haven’t had an issue in the last day-and-a-half since I did it!

5 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I'm in FL from the 1-5 so get the snowblower ready for the BECS.  :)

Add Presidents day to the list too. Going skiing with my dad out West during that time. Same thing happened in 2016 during Presidents day, and with my parents in 2003 during Presidents day. 

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

I gave in and downloaded AdGuard for my iPhone. Haven’t had an issue in the last day-and-a-half since I did it!

I have no issues on my droid, only on my Chrome Book. I guess I can try as add block. The only thing that has kept me from doing so.... I live in a rural area, only satellite for internet. So more you add, the slower it runs. Just wish the adds pop up could be controlled by the American. Never had this problem till like 2 weeks or so ago.

Need to brag for a second. ^_^

Just got into UVA. Probably my #1 right now. Those who here who gave me college advice, thanks. Still haven't made up my mind though.

For those wondering where I applied,

Penn State (accepted)

JMU (accepted)

Villanova (accepted)

University of Minnesota (lol) (accepted)

UVA (accepted)

VT ?

W&M ?

UMD ?

UNC ?

Duke ?

4 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Just got into UVA. Probably my #1 right now. Those who here who gave me college advice, thanks. Still haven't made up my mind though.

Penn State (accepted)

JMU (accepted)

Villanova (accepted)

UVA (accepted)

VT ?

W&M ?

UMD ?

UNC ?

Duke ?

Congrats!  Penn State is better.  

Also, how many colleges did you apply to?!?

6 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Penn State (accepted)

JMU (accepted)

Villanova (accepted)

UVA (accepted)

VT ?

W&M ?

UMD ?

UNC ?

Duke ?

Congrats!  Do you have any ideas on what you might want to major in?

16 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Penn State (accepted)

JMU (accepted)

Villanova (accepted)

UVA (accepted)

VT ?

W&M ?

UMD ?

UNC ?

Duke ?

Major-dependent, but my sole college advice is to not bury yourself in debt for an undergraduate degree. 

16 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Congrats!  Penn State is better.  

Also, how many colleges did you apply to?!?

3 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Major-dependent, but my sole college advice is to not bury yourself in debt for an undergraduate degree. 

Congratulations, and good advice from MN, though I'd have needed a student loan to apply to all those schools!

I told my daughters they could go to any school they wanted at long as it's in MD. lol. They did get into some good schools like JMU/Delaware/Mason/Penn St but even with "scholarships and financial aid" the annual bill was still $35-50k/yr for the out of state schools. That's insane. They are both in UMD, doing very well, and will graduate with very easy debt levels. I've paid as much as I can but I'm not going broke so they can go to parties every night. lol. Plus, I think having them invest in themselves and feeling the pressure of having to pay loans back will motivate them once they graduate. 

One of my close friends shelled out $160k for his oldest kid to go to Fordham. He's been regretting that decision for years. His other 2 kids went in state and they are doing fantastic. The oldest is still "finding" herself and working at a restaurant....after a $160k degree...oh the madness...pure madness. 

38 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I told my daughters they could go to any school they wanted at long as it's in MD. lol. They did get into some good schools like JMU/Delaware/Mason/Penn St but even with "scholarships and financial aid" the annual bill was still $35-50k/yr for the out of state schools. That's insane. They are both in UMD, doing very well, and will graduate with very easy debt levels. I've paid as much as I can but I'm not going broke so they can go to parties every night. lol. Plus, I think having them invest in themselves and feeling the pressure of having to pay loans back will motivate them once they graduate. 

One of my close friends shelled out $160k for his oldest kid to go to Fordham. He's been regretting that decision for years. His other 2 kids went in state and they are doing fantastic. The oldest is still "finding" herself and working at a restaurant....after a $160k degree...oh the madness...pure madness. 

you're doing the right thing.  unless there's a school that you have to go to and it makes all the sense in the world, it's better to try to cut costs.  my dad set a payment schedule for me for my first car back in my junior of high school lol.  he wanted me to learn the values of earning my keep.  i hated it then, but it makes more sense now.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived