joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I know how much snow we're gonna get, just need to view an arrangement of models and try to see where they are in relation to each other"
ugh, this model doesn't show snow, take it out of the equation
this one doesn't either
gets done
"ok i looked at a few different models to get an idea on the precip field and snow accumulation and all the models i've combined show a major snowstorm for SNE, they all are in the same agreement and location"

Me when i see a snowstorm in more than 1 model but not all of them do, but i take the outliers out just because they don't show snow.

8 minutes ago, WeathermanB said:

"I know how much snow we're gonna get, just need to view an arrangement of models and try to see where they are in relation to each other"
ugh, this model doesn't show snow, take it out of the equation
this one doesn't either
gets done
"ok i looked at a few different models to get an idea on the precip field and snow accumulation and all the models i've combined show a major snowstorm for SNE, they all are in the same agreement and location"

Me when i see a snowstorm in more than 1 model but not all of them do, but i take the outliers out just because they don't show snow.

Dude, you're fine and all, but you have a bit of a problem. We're all here for the love of weather. Whether it be winter storms, hurricanes, or anything else, but I see that all you're doing is hopping around into different forums and are basically tell people what they know, and giving forecasts. Just saying that the folks, especially the seasoned folks, are probably not too happy. I made the same mistake when I was new to this forum. I would wishcast, I would extrapolate every hr 384 GFS storm, and it just doesn't work out. Just my 2 cents. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

How much for Delaware 

Apparently he knows just by looking at the Canadian model

49 minutes ago, WeathermanB said:

Stupidly depressing snowstorm from the CMC ugh 18z! has my location getting like 5.5 inches but Wilmington gets around 20 inches. Sad

cri

depressing

But not hoping for a Jonas on steroids this winter, we've already had a YTD snowfall as of now just around 12''. It was good having 5 inches of snow on the ground for 5 days due to #arcticgeddon. Then #thawageddon came along and stole it from me D:

We don't need a week off of school... most sounds good is 1-2 maybe 3 days off of school.

Keep in mind he posted this in the Lakes/Ohio Valley forum

I really don't think so honestly. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but making predictions based on the Euro at day 10 and making a forecast in a completely different forum (like you did in the New England forum) is really not too accepted. If you want to add something, there are many ways too. You don't need a degree in meteorology to add stuff. Just keep it relative to your general location (I think your location is fit for the MA forum), but please make sure not to make it relative to your backyard. From a weenie to a weenie

@WeathermanB

Now, let's get ourselves a big forum-wide storm so we don't have to argue like this anymore. 

I'm worried the extreme dryness will create a tear in the space time continuam and open a wormhole that sucks all the snow away to southern Delaware. But it will deposit it all on the grass so schools can stay open. 

I just read this, and after getting my wisdom teeth out yesterday, I’m struggling not to laugh for fear of pain. But well done. I’m literally just catching up to upcoming pattern. Been a very long 8/9 days. Want to be 100% when this pattern kicks off. How you feeling btw? I know you were battling a lot there last few weeks.

11 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I just read this, and after getting my wisdom teeth out yesterday, I’m struggling not to laugh for fear of pain. But well done. I’m literally just catching up to upcoming pattern. Been a very long 8/9 days. Want to be 100% when this pattern kicks off. How you feeling btw? I know you were battling a lot there last few weeks.

Aww man I hope you recover fast. That can suck. I'm doing a lot better thanks. I'm not close to 100% yet but slowly getting there. The flu I had progressed to pneumonia and given my asthma that wasn't good. I was a mess for a week. But I'm getting back to normal finally. But the flu is no joke this year. I had my flu shot too so it must be a strain that they weren't expecting. 

Aww man I hope you recover fast. That can suck. I'm doing a lot better thanks. I'm not close to 100% yet but slowly getting there. The flu I had progressed to pneumonia and given my asthma that wasn't good. I was a mess for a week. But I'm getting back to normal finally. But the flu is no joke this year. I had my flu shot too so it must be a strain that they weren't expecting. 

Thanks for the well wishes. The impaction and infection i had was absolutely nasty. I still haven’t had longer than 4 straight hours of sleep since Tuesday of last week. Getting there though. Best I’ve felt in a long while today. Good to hear you’re making progress as well, albeit slowly. As someone with asthma too, I completely understand what you’re going through. It’s a very long recovery process, but rest and a nebulizer do help get you through it over time. Definitely want to be feeling good next 3-6 weeks by the looks of it. I’m still skeptical of the early week deal, but next weekend moving forward has me grinning ear to ear. I’d do anything for a bit of blocking to come to fruition.

3 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Thanks for the well wishes. The impaction and infection i had was absolutely nasty. I still haven’t had longer than 4 straight hours of sleep since Tuesday of last week. Getting there though. Best I’ve felt in a long while today. Good to hear you’re making progress as well, albeit slowly. As someone with asthma too, I completely understand what you’re going through. It’s a very long recovery process, but rest and a nebulizer do help get you through it over time. Definitely want to be feeling good next 3-6 weeks by the looks of it. I’m still skeptical of the early week deal, but next weekend moving forward has me grinning ear to ear. I’d do anything for a bit of blocking to come to fruition.

Yea the rest of winter looks active and with any luck we should score something. Good luck with the recovery. The sleep thing sucks. I've been struggling with that. Now that I'm off the prednisone the lack of sleep is really hitting me. 

21 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Opportunity I was hoping to share with you all fell through. 

Still really optimistic about the future though.

Sorry, brother. 

16 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Anyone heard from Mitch?  I'm getting worried about him. Flu this year is no joke and he's been mia for a while. 

Still nothing?

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived